JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 3 of the standard Springfield Armory magazines like the one that came with my XD 9mm. I know spring fatigue is controversial, but just for grins, has anyone opened up the magazine to remove and possibly stretch the spring? I've had 3 of these half-loaded for two years.
I can't imagine carrying all 3 around so I suppose leaving one "lie fallow" for six months, then rotating is an option.

Spring fatigue is generated from repeatedly compressing and releasing tension, not from holding a static position. A magazine that was loaded and forgotten for 20 years will be in better shape than a magazine used for a few range day trips.

Spring fatigue is generated from repeatedly compressing and releasing tension, not from holding a static position. A magazine that was loaded and forgotten for 20 years will be in better shape than a magazine used for a few range day trips.
^^^This

Read that as:
Do not stretch the springs.
Buy new springs if you're really worried.
^^^and this.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top