JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll just leave this right here, stolen from the Firearms meme thread…. No magazine limitations necessary…
651CEEBC-7A10-4CD5-B318-16467D7AD98E.jpeg

i once converted a 20rn pmag to 5 rounds for hunting by routering out a wood block and sliding it up under the spring inside the mag body. i recall it being really finicky to get the height of the block just right so that it would only take 5 yet still feed reliably.. like, it had to be within a 16th of an inch.. so cut, test, shave, test, shave, test, etc.

i MIGHT have pics saved somewhere out there on l'cloud

edit - as to "permanently" modified... dont know if this would qualify from a compliance perspective with this new inevitable law. maybe ramming a rivet or two in from the outside to lock it in place would do. or epoxy, maybe

What are some of the best methods for permanently altering mags with a capacity of 11rnds or more down to a capacity of 10rnds. I am considering permanently altered to mean that the mags can not be restored back to 10rnds. Here are the restrictions I would want the altered mags to be compliant with.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an
overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:
(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of
accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
Check out magblocks.com. Get new followers and epoxy them to the block. That's what I did when I was shooting in Cali. Then you can always take them apart and put the old followers back in if you want

Whjy would you want to? Don't ruin your mag, buy 10 rounders and stash the non-PC ones.
Truth is that the only places where this will be enforced is:
  1. Multnomah County
  2. The heart of Portland Metro
  3. Salem, Eugene, Ashland, metro Bend.
Nobody else cares. My County Sheriff won't.

I won't register what I have and I won't comply by tossing or modifying them. I'll get a few ten rounders for show. I'll also switch to my KSG +30 rounds of mini shells for home defense.

I won't live under tyranny and I won't live under authoritarianism. If Oregon doesn't turn it around, as much as I love this place I'm gone - pretty much planning that anyway.

My apologies for going off topic. I'll stay on topic from this point forward.

Truth is that the only places where this will be enforced is:
  1. Multnomah County
  2. The heart of Portland Metro
  3. Salem, Eugene, Ashland, metro Bend.
Nobody else cares. My County Sheriff won't.

I won't register what I have and I won't comply by tossing or modifying them. I'll get a few ten rounders for show. I'll also switch to my KSG +30 rounds of mini shells for home defense.

I won't live under tyranny and I won't live under authoritarianism. If Oregon doesn't turn it around, as much as I love this place I'm gone - pretty much planning that anyway.

My apologies for going off topic. I'll stay on topic from this point forward.
Seems pretty on point to me.

Perhaps it's time for the remaining good people of Portland to withhold financing the city/county by withholding tax payments until the elected leaders of Portland/Multnomah begin addressing the surge in all crimes, rioting, defacing/tagging properties and the out of control homeless problem.

Empty the pay to play method. As law and order are restored, tax dollars start to flow in…

Oh wait, that won't work, TPTB have set it up against the little guy…. They'll just put tax liens on your property for not paying taxes…

Tyranny is alive and well in Oregon and on the west coast…

dude tyranny is alive and well and growing everywhere. yea, blue states' gun laws suck, but try smoking weed or getting an abortion or lawfully refusing unlawful orders from a cop in a red state and get back to me on how free they are. from prison.

this (the gun question) was a settled matter, federally, over two hundred years ago, and reinforced and reaffirmed with the 10th amendment. the federal government is supposed to exist for the purpose of maintaining our rights, ensuring that regardless of what the free independent states want to do, you at least have a set of basic civil liberties that cannot be bubblegumed with. yet theyve become overlords and are the worst offenders of all. it isnt a red/blue problem we have here, gents, its an american problem.

The language of those laws and reality never mix well. Any magazine that has been altered can always be made whole again. I can cut an inch off a magazine and remake it shorter then turn around and add that metal back in later if I wanted to. It's what people who make stuff do. Rivets, glue, epoxy, welds, etc. are all reversible for most people so the phrases that say "cannot be made to hold more than 10 rounds ever again" are just misleading.

The intent of these laws is different wherever you go but "non reversible" is a statement that does not fit. I think the laws were written to be ambiguous for a reason. Joe blow with a new ten round follower installed on his range gun probably won't ever be bothered by anyone. Beavus the local crackhead with a welded and riveted magazine using it to rob houses and kill people will get the additional charge of "not permanent" just because he is a dirt ball criminal.

I have two handguns that hold more than 10 rounds. Each magazine has alterations to the follower so they only accept 10 rounds. Nothing else has been done to the magazines. That to me is permanently altered. As I said above, I can make any metal magazine whole again no matter what is done to it as long as it functioned in the firearm before. The laws are vague for a reason....so they can find fault with your device no matter what you do to it....don't give anyone a reason to look closer.

I'm not a lawyer but I have spent many nights in a Holiday Inn.

What are some of the best methods for permanently altering mags with a capacity of 11rnds or more down to a capacity of 10rnds. I am considering permanently altered to mean that the mags can not be restored back to 10rnds. Here are the restrictions I would want the altered mags to be compliant with.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an
overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:
(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of
accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
Hello,

I don't know about modifications and never did stuff like that on my former or present firearms. (I only own 2 rifles now in 22r and 22mwr too.)

I am IGNORANT in that subject matter and just used my firearms right out of the NIB box and I kept them that way.

I owned far more handguns in various styles than I did rifles from the gitgo too. That changed as I aged and due to physical issues.

My first firearm was that Glock 19 in 9mm.

It was bought in the late 90's so it had a 10 round magazine. It was bought back east.

The second one held more rounds - bought out here in MT. Later date.

I would buy brand name, good quality and NEW 10 round magazines and KEEP the OLD magazines or SELL them while the market is HOT or KEEP only a FEW of them, on hand, if you do not want all of them.

Will you use the old magazines or not? And if you do not use them - sell them.

I would not try to change the magazine capacity even if I knew of a good way to do this and I was capable of completing the job at hand.

Best wishes to you. Take care!

Cate
Typos and added more.

Last Edited:
Whatever......
Be my guest and be the "test case".

I think that realistically.....
The Dems and Anti-gun crowd don't give a rip. Unless and until..... something happens. THEN...they'll probably say that they tried to STOP crime by enacting "reasonable and common sense legislation".

Rrrrrright.....we should ALL follow their lead, ALWAYS. THEY are reasonable and have common sense....while if you oppose them, YOU don't have either trait.

WELL.......
View attachment 1092418

BUT, But, but......if and since YOU didn't comply?

Yup....YOU'RE instantly in the category of CRIMINAL.

See how that works?

The LAW, if it passes (at this point), is just to further dissuade gun ownership and make YOU into a CRIMINAL if you don't comply.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....knock, knock......

"POLICE! SEARCH WARRANT, OPEN UP!"
View attachment 1092435
""knock, knock......." is not how you spell "CRASH, BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG....."

Joe

dude tyranny is alive and well and growing everywhere. yea, blue states' gun laws suck, but try smoking weed or getting an abortion or lawfully refusing unlawful orders from a cop in a red state and get back to me on how free they are. from prison.

this (the gun question) was a settled matter, federally, over two hundred years ago, and reinforced and reaffirmed with the 10th amendment. the federal government is supposed to exist for the purpose of maintaining our rights, ensuring that regardless of what the free independent states want to do, you at least have a set of basic civil liberties that cannot be bubblegumed with. yet theyve become overlords and are the worst offenders of all. it isnt a red/blue problem we have here, gents, its an american problem.
"American" is not how you spell "politician".
(In sing-song neener-neener-neener voice) Nothing will change until politicians start to die.

Joe

The only quarter given to tyrants shall be that in which they are first drawn. 🧐
Laws DO NOT STOP CRIME!!!
They are merely an enforcement mechanism AFTER a crime is committed.
To accept their asinine "laws" is pointless.
Crime will still happen, and it will ONLY serve for them to further strip rights.
We must shame the ignoramuses on how stupid they are in not being able to understand SIMPLE WORDS.

The word "militia" appears in the Constitution 4 times.
Section 8. Powers of Congress-
"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"
And that the President is in charge of them when they've been activated.

But realizing that Government was responsible for arming the militia, and could NOT be trusted to NOT TURN TYRANNICAL, the Founders AMENDED the Constitution to state that "THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".🧐

And they chose the term "arms" because they had seen England erode what people could possess/carry, and wanted MAXIMUM freedom for Americans.
Which means, YES Assault weapons AND WHATEVER arms currently in use at that time.
They did NOT intend for Americans to be limited to defending themselves with century old technology. 🧐
And guess what...machine guns are century old technology at this point...🙄

So. Yield NO ground on Freedom.
Make these morons understand that even if they vote for something, we ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY.
And that in this Constitutional Republic, the Rights enumerated in the Constitution supersede ANY unjust law they can try to push through by mob rule.

The Declaration outlines it quite clearly as to what to do about these types of situations as well.
Their right to govern is ONLY granted by our consent to be governed, and we have a DUTY to overthrow them when they infringe on freedoms that effect our Safety and Happiness.
We get to choose how we keep ourselves safe, as they have NO POWER NOR ABILITY to do it for us.
And I will HAPPILY wield WHATEVER I see fit in order to keep tyranny at bay. 😎
-K

Seems easier to just buy 10 round magazines.

The expense of time , materials and money spent in the modification of a more than 10 round magazine does not seem worth it to me.

Speaking of does not seem worth it to me.....Firearm and magazine bans , restrictions and the like fall into this category....but I digress....
Andy

I don't really see abortion as a civil liberty as it revokes a civil liberty from a being that doesn't have a say in the matter so I'm not really with ya on that one, but pretty much everything you said i agree with. I don't feel our rights are being maintained or even acknowledged.

Throughout this pandemic we've seen many of our basic rights taken from us, over a disease with a 99% survival rate. The worst part about it all is most of everyone is just letting it happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top