JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any recommendations on a reasonably priced digital scale? I have one of the cheap Midway brand scales that I don't trust. Trying to tare is a crap shoot on if the scale will tare or shut off. It's also not very consistent as there can be .2 to .3 "negative weight" after pouring the powder out of the tray. I'd really like to stay in the "not more than $50 category" but it seems the better scales cost more than that by a fair amount.

Thanks.

I've got the hornady digi scale. I was a little unsure of it at first. But it pulls consistent reading time and time again. One tip on mine is to let it "warm up" for 10-15 min. And it comes with calibration weights that I use anytime I'm doing a new load setup.

It was on sale at grafs for $60, when I bought it. Not so much now.

I've got two digital scales that are reliable and accurate based on regular checking with a calibrated weight set. One is an RCBS that is integrated into my Chargemaster. It's also available as a stand alone. No problems whatever once I wiped all the plastic down with a static preventing material (drier sheet for short).

The other is a Dillon D-Terminator that I use for stand-alone weighing. At first I found it bothersome that it shut off after a relatively short pause in use but a call to Dillon revealed that this isn't the case if you operate it plugged in with the batteries removed. At the range I load quick enough to avoid the shutoff caused by the battery saver feature. At home I just leave it plugged in and turned on. Both scales correlate their readings exactly.

For anyone that wants real fine "resolution" in their weighing, the Gempro 250 has been highly rated by lots of Bench Rest shooters. More expensive than the D-Terminator but has weight resolution as small as .02 grains. More than fine enough for all but the most OCD shooters. Those guys often use a Sartorius for about 3-4 times the money as the Gempro.

For a "When the Batteries are dead and the power is off" scale I still have a good old reliable RCBS 5-0-5.

I've got an RCBS 750, too.

As a company, I think RCBS has kind of gone in the toilet once they moved all their production to China. I mostly use Lee gear so I've kind of watched that from the sidelines. However, I can't complain about this product as it's worked for several years for me.

My powder measure workflow is to either use a Lee dipper or one of my own homemade dippers to scoop and then dump onto the pan on the 750 to check weight. Then dump it into the cartridge.

I only load single stage and in small batches. If I was looking for higher output I'd have a more sophisticated system.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top