JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any digital scale under $100 won't be great for fine measurements, the tech required costs money. A sub $50 beam scale will run circles around a digital scale until you are spending $200 or more.
Truth. There's a lot to cover regarding electronic scales and how to decrease error with them.
Fluorescent lights, not letting the scale come up to temp, static electricity, etc can cause issues. You won't get a good scale for cheap as was mentioned.

The ones I've relied on are the Gempro and the A&D FX120i

I've also used the Hornady lock and load, and RCBS auto trickler. These can be verified against each other, or against a beam scale or known certified weights.

It's not too hard to check if the scale is drifting, especially if you know the weight of the empty pan. Once that number starts to change, it's time to re-tare.

I pretty much only use the electronic scales anymore except for out in the shed for occasionally checking the Dillon powder measure when running batches of pistol Ammo.

On a side note, the Dillon and RCBS powder throw are extremely consistent with most of the non-stick type powders.

922D65D2-284D-4F96-A198-DCF1FCA7BA1A.jpeg 45727733-FC04-4B17-AFF5-70CD045D18F5.jpeg

If you want really accurate charge weights you likely won't be doing it fast.

Joe
I agree with this statement...
It really depends on just what you are trying to achieve. I have two beam scales and a trickler if I were trying to create loads for a benchrest rifle competition where I am trying to eliminate any variation, but it's very time consuming...

I use an inexpensive digital scale for my pistol range ammo. A person beside me at the range last week was shooting extremely small groups at 15 yards with both 9mm and .45acp using red-dot handguns and a bench rest. We started talking and he then shot four of my digital scale reloads with his pistol and he shot the same small, very tight group (much tighter than I have ever shot).
I learned two things; that is a very accurate reloading recipe and I need to buy myself a red dot...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top