JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A year ago I visited the Memorial for the victims of the crash of United Flight 93 on Sept. 11, 2001, one of the horrific attacks on the United States 21 years ago today.

Even with all we have read and heard about the events of that day, the visit brought it alive in a different, more real way. Stories of the people on the plane are featured, along with recordings, video footage and momentos from the people on it.
IMG_9681.JPG

The stories brought alive the day's events and its impact to those directly involved. For me, it recalled a 1998 Delta flight from LA, where my boarding pass was mixed up with a guy named Jeremy Glick. The mistake got my connection in Atlanta cancelled, since Delta thought I never boarded the initial leg! I recalled his name again around the events of Flight 93, which was his last. He was one of the people that decided to charge the cabin and take back the flight.
IMG_9685.jpg IMG_9686.JPG

This is his grave today, along with all his fellow passengers and the flight's crew.
IMG_9688.JPG IMG_9692.JPG

It's easy to take for granted our lives, the people we love and the blessings we enjoy. My visit to the Flight 93 Memorial was a vivid reminder of how precious life is, and how it can be lost in an instant in ways we cannot expect.

If you live nearby, or happen to be driving along I-76 through PA, it is well worth the visit.

May those lost on that day rest in peace.

Thanks for sharing this. Don't know if I'll ever make it back to the North East, but will have to keep this in mind if I get back there.

Wife and I visited the week after they opened, on a road trip back east to visit relatives. Designed with great respect, and the recordings of phone calls made from the plane before passengers charged the terrorists was goose bump inspiring.

I have said this many times, but it is worth repeating:

When terrorists attacked the United States by hijacking four commercial airplanes, the first effective action to thwart their plans was taken not by law enforcement, the military, or any arm of government. It was taken by private citizens, who determined what their situation was, and what the hijackers probable intentions were. They then developed a plan, using only the extremely limited resources at hand, and took action that prevented the hijackers of Flight 93 from carrying out their part of the attack. These brave souls took action, knowing full well that their chances of survival were vanishingly small. They are truly heroes, and deserve our full respect and admiration.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top