JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get that more the older I get.

I feel like someone will make me regret asking, but referring to your earlier post what is icky-pick?

Icky-pick is a slimy substance that is injected into telephone cables (buried cables). It is slicker than Owl snot on a rainy night & sticks to EVERYTHING...:eek::eek::eek:
It was engineered to keep water out of buried cables.... It failed miserably.:rolleyes:

I have sensitive skin on the back of my hands (many years of working in the phone business with cleaning solvents & icky-pick).
AND my wife has been in HC for many years...;)
Hated that icky pic... those little orange scented butt wipes they put in the splice kits were never enough to get it all off either.

Edit... this ones really asking for it:eek:....

Last Edited:
For .45 ACP look at bullseye for 230gr loads. I use 5gr but start low and look for pressure signs on your cases. I think .45 is very forgiving in that it has a wide rangi of usable loads.

Have fun and concentrate, be safe

Hated that icky pic... those little orange scented butt wipes they put in the splice kits were never enough to get it all off either.

Edit... this ones really asking for it:eek:....

So true bro, we used to get gallons of this cleaner we called it orange juice that would get it off your skin but you smelled like Anita Bryant crapped an orange tree all day....:eek::eek::eek::p

Nice. Me too! Started with a RCBS 'Rockchucker' in 1979.:D Cranking on a Dillon 550 for 30 years. :rolleyes: Now rarely use the single stage. I reload 12 different calibers, 6 rifle
and 6 pistol.

You're a bit more "experienced" than I am. I started reloading in 2010 on a RCBS Jr press, family press that my grandfather used to reload thousands and thousands of rifle loads, he was an experimenter. Did some 10mm, and some .223 on it before I realized it did not provide the production vs speed I was interested in. I don't do anything half way, I'm either all in or all out. I got the Dillon 550 and a bunch of quick change powder measures and tool heads. Currently I am set up to reload 5 different pistol calibers, and 4 different rifle calibers. Most days it is running it is cranking out .223 55gr SP or 9mm. I created a nifty excel spreadsheet though with input formulas that will tell you the cost of all the different reloading combinations you make depending on what price you got the components at. That calculator has basically ruined buying factory ammo for me. For example: I can reload Nosler BT 168gr .308 cheaper than I can buy the plainest janest brass cased FMJ ammo on the best sale.

I know other presses could do the job and to each their own, but I love my Dillon 550 and wouldn't want to reload any other way apart from it being done for me to my level of satisfaction and reliability.

Got a Rockchucker and prep set-up from Wiesbaden R&GC back in 1978, and have a Lee progressive permanently set up for .357Mag - a cartridge that I shoot a good deal simply because I can.

After we had our handguns taken way back in 1997/8 I sold my top-of-the-line Dillon set-up to the government as part of the hand-in, getting almost four hundred $ more than I had paid for it a couple of years before.

I went from making 800 rounds of .357Mag a week to zero, only starting up again in a very small way in 2003, when I got my Ruger Super Redhawk 'thing'.

tac

Got a Rockchucker and prep set-up from Wiesbaden R&GC back in 1978, and have a Lee progressive permanently set up for .357Mag - a cartridge that I shoot a good deal simply because I can.

After we had our handguns taken way back in 1997/8 I sold my top-of-the-line Dillon set-up to the government as part of the hand-in, getting almost four hundred $ more than I had paid for it a couple of years before.

I went from making 800 rounds of .357Mag a week to zero, only starting up again in a very small way in 2003, when I got my Ruger Super Redhawk 'thing'.

tac
:oops::(. Sadness.

Tac if you get out my way sometime you have an open invite to come with me to my range and shoot anything I own as much as you desire.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads