JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh , why can't we own grenades ( legally) . Of all the things, just a couple frags a year would make me so happy.
Frags aren't that cool. The first time we got to throw them in the military I remember thinking to myself, "That's it? Hollywood is full of sh!t man." Lol.

Every gun is a barbie gun these days what with all the gewgaw of the day bought and then bolted on. meh

20230807_080746.jpg

Whats the story behind the military using "heavily" the Barnes 70g TSX all copper bullet? That there is a hunting bullet!

I have both.

Ever read about the tests the British did on 6-7mm at 2500 fps? They considered that the optimum caliber and most controllable.

Either way, a good soft expanding projectile from a rifle will do the job. Both 5.56 & 7.62x39 are quite popular. What it comes down to will what ammo you have.

Huh. I got here by reading the "Garand Thumb" subject line. Yet, I see no discussion of same.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, soldiers who carried the M1 Rifle referred to it as, "M1 Thumb."

In my world, :confused: guys say they have the best and talk up why it is the best. Prove it
Yes, we'll never know the actual effect unless we have live, human bodies to shoot at. Which I hasten to add, I'm not advocating for hobby or research purposes. Those transparent, life-sized Visable Man dummies look expensive, don't they?

Huh. I got here by reading the "Garand Thumb" subject line. Yet, I see no discussion of same.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, soldiers who carried the M1 Rifle referred to it as, "M1 Thumb."

Yes, we'll never know the actual effect unless we have live, human bodies to shoot at. Which I hasten to add, I'm not advocating for hobby or research purposes. Those transparent, life-sized Visable Man dummies look expensive, don't they?
Being old I have seen the discussions for decades. 45 vs 9mm, revolver vs auto, 762 vs 556, it's given everyone something to talk about. Hey my Glock is better than your 1911 or 40 s&w vs 45, we are a people of comparison.

My point of proving which is best is competing one against the other. Set up a match gun against gun with factory ammo and see which does the best.

Only bodies in the match are the competition.

View attachment 1479341

.36 vs. .44
The debate rages on.
While 15 grains is the modern recommended loading from many modern vendors...
Colt , back in the day when the 1851 Navy came out suggested a loading of 20 -25 grains.
And while that don't seem too different...it does work well and provides more "Oomph " so to speak....:D
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top