JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I bought a cheap bore-sight from Amazon and sighted a few rifles in at about 25 yards in the yard. I finally got a chance to go out and check the actual accuracy yesterday. I took the AR 5.56, an EXTAR EP9mm and an old Marlin Model 70 22lr out and shot at about 75 yards and was pleasantly surprised. All three were very close to dead on and required very little adjustment to dial into the bull. Saved me a pretty good chunk of ammo. Just thought I'd pass on what I used and what I found.

During initial sight in with similar, I always rotate the laser 365. You'll print a small to large circle on whatever it's pointing at. Adjust the scope to the approximate center of that circle.

During initial sight in with similar, I always rotate the laser 365. You'll print a small to large circle on whatever it's pointing at. Adjust the scope to the approximate center of that circle.
I do the same with mine. Used to try and get that laser dead center, but it would always be slightly off next time I used it. Rotating works well.

I do the same with mine. Used to try and get that laser dead center, but it would always be slightly off next time I used it. Rotating works well.
Mine - I'll have to check the brand but I think it was from Midway - seems to center itself well if I get the tension correct. It has different sized tips for different bores. You find tune the width by adjusting the screw on the end of the tip. Once it's a snug fit, the dot is centered very well.

We use the same style of bore-sight tool at the shop and have not had any real complaints, but we do tell folks to put a large piece of fresh card board behind your target just in case it is off your target.

We had a guy take his gun out and use a 4 in stick on target on a well shot up back board and could not see where he was hitting so he started cranking the knobs before bring it back to us and went through a box of shells.

Next round of sighting in he found his gun was right on windage wise but the loads he was shooting was about 2.5 in low and aiming at the center of a 4 in target puts you below the target. This time it taken 4 rounds and he was on target. It helps when you can see where your shots are going.

We found with some ARs and rifles with custom flash hider or breaks that use crush washers the bore-sighter is not always very accurate as the crush washer may not correctly align the bore of the hider to the bore of the barrel so we warn folks up front of that fact..

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews