JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard some of the street punks back there have been using body armor, must be why she was going for the head shot.

All joking aside, I feel that sorry she will suffer the trauma of this event. Thankfully she was able to protect herself.:(

Newsday 1-10-19 By Dahleen Glanton

She shot a robber with her legal gun - just as 'concealed carry' was intended

"It is easy to hate guns. There's not much about them to love — except when they save an innocent life."

"But a shooting happened early Tuesday at a bus stop on the Far South Side of Chicago that might prompt us to look at guns in a new light. I, too, am a public transportation rider. That could have been me waiting on a bus that morning. It could have been anyone."

Opinion: In defense of 'concealed carry' guns

Wow some one gets it and put it down on paper and printed it. I am sure they will catch a lot of flack for saying something positive about guns and there possible usage.

There probably already cleaning out there desk.
And looking forward to there new career.
Because they been FIRED.

But you know.....

"That young man that died as a result, was a good ________, ________, and _______. And, he told his friends, that after this one last robbery.......he would be turning his life around."

Aloha, Mark

They lost me from the beginning-

"It is easy to hate guns. There's not much about them to love — except when they save an innocent life."

It's EASY to love guns, they're mechanical works of art (except Jennings), they have a purpose, they don't lie or cheat or steal (although they can lighten your wallet), and they never complain.

I do understand the dislike of the first two sentences with "It is easy to hate guns" or "There is not much them to love" .
Just as I like and agree with Stomper's statement of :
It's EASY to love guns, they're mechanical works of art (except Jennings), they have a purpose, they don't lie or cheat or steal (although they can lighten your wallet), and they never complain.

If you can get across to someone who is anti-gun :
Just why you like firearms...
The understanding that firearms are like any other tool or object, deserving of proper care when used...
Perhaps even some history behind firearms , firearm usage ,
The art and skill in just how the parts are fitted together etc...
You may be able to show them that guns and gun owners are not at all like the stereotypes shown in the news , social media , movies , TV , etc...
I know this to be true , because I have done it , more than once.

Granted this will not "work" very often , and can leave you open to being misunderstood at best or "attacked" at worst.
Choose your :
Words ...
Timing...
Audience..
Location...
Arguments and facts...
And your temperament wisely.
Andy

True it is an opinion article but are not most articles, including "NEWS ARTICLES" opinion articles any more loosely based on facts.

Well I agree with you but it was written about someone from the far South Side of Chicago and guns are usually used in crimes and not for the good because for most folks it has only been sense Heller/McDonald that they had an option/allowed to get them.

But hay, they printed it and it is a good start.

This link is interesting since you cannot conceal carry on public transit. She was waiting for a bus.

Illinois Gun Laws: The Latest CCW Information (updated for 2018)

Look at number 8:

6BAF23AC-86CB-4F89-9859-D59EB4609A6F.png

Yes I know criminals don't follow the law...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top