JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

14 year old pulled out pellet gun to rob lady of dog. Victim responds, shoots criminal in chest, now busted for no concealed license even though had FOID.

Article said:
Araceli Diaz has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon for not having a concealed carry license. (Chicago Police Department)

One of the best ways that I know of to avoid being shot ....is by not committing armed robbery.

As for the carrying of a gun without the proper permit...
Let this story serve as a lesson to all of those who have said : Do it anyway...or words to that effect.

Now don't get me wrong here...
I am not against the carrying of a firearm or self defense.
And for the record I do have a carry permit...What I dislike about the whole permit / license , is having to apply and purchase , so to speak , in order to "bear arms"...If I have to ask permission , buy , get a license , etc...it ain't really a Right anymore....
But I do so , one reason out of many is , its the law.

Now before anyone asks...do I obey each and every law or regulation that I crosses my way...?....No
But...
If one breaks a law...one also needs to accept the consequences of doing so...which I am willing to do with some laws and regulations.

What I dislike about the 'Do it anyway" crowd , is their seemingly , mindless rant , and not thinking of just what happens to you after you get caught....This story shows what can happen if you do it anyway.
Now are all the folks of the "Do it anyway" crowd , like that...No...but I have been called out more than once , by those that are.
Andy

This reply in the comments section is PURE GOLD!! :s0140:

So on top of needing to possess a Conceal Carry Permit you need to possess a Illinois Firearm Owner's Identification card, or FOID card. You liberals have so many costs for permits to own a firearm that if you ever succeeded in taking guns away from legal gun toting citizens..... You would go broke from lack of revenue.

Hopefully this victim defends the charge on 2A grounds. No permit should be necessary. She is also a sympathetic defendant which will help with the judges.

Is it any wonder that 14% of the total gun crime in the United States is in this city?
Not when you read stories like this.

Sounds like a lot of infringing going on.

You can skirt the law and roll the dice but remember YOU pay the defense counsel. Not advocating either way just be aware of the potential costs. Especially if you own something like a house. :s0159:

She doesn't look to up standing she, herself probably stolen the puppy. Just saying

:s0076:

Out of curiosity, what are you basing that on? The article makes no mention of criminal violations, beyond lack of a license, on the part of the victim. And the picture shows a pretty normal looking young woman; there's no gang tattoos or anything like that, for example.

Out of curiosity, what are you basing that on? The article makes no mention of criminal violations, beyond lack of a license, on the part of the victim. And the picture shows a pretty normal looking young woman; there's no gang tattoos or anything like that, for example.

^^This. You know, that whole book/cover/judging thing.

Haters gonna hate...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads