JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off I in no way shape or form agree with someone destroying someones private property, But today I came across a bumper sticker that I wanted to rip off or just deface in one way or another on the back of a car I saw a bumper sticker that said

"support our troops even the ones that choose not to fight"

I completely believe backing our troops 100% But what I cannot understand is why would a P.O.S. enter the military and then choose not to fight when the time came. In my opinion they are no different then the occupiers of pdx or any other city. why did they enter Just to get another handout or what?

What about medics? I guess they do also have combat roles.

they don't fall into the same category as someone choosing not to fight but if the medic choose not to go into a combat area then he would be doing the same type of thing. guess all I'm saying is if you sign up for a job man-up and do your job

Lighten up. Neither of the two wars we are currently involved in is worth any American dying in. However, if some kid joins up and lands in a combat MOS of some kind, then he should be obligated to take up arms when ordered to do so.

Our currently military is all volunteer. When someone joins and then decides not to obey orders (such as enter combat), they are usually relieved of duty and given a less-than-honorable discharge. That discharge will follow them for the rest of their life. It will have an effect on getting a job just about anyplace. I think that the military does have a place for conscientious objectors. They can take up support roles and stay out of combat if they choose, yet still contribute to the mission. Where is gets a little sticky is when some gung-ho kid decides he wants to be a warrior, gets trained for it, but then backs out when the bullets start flying.

Everybody is built a little different. Some people can handle combat and some can't. If they are in the military, I will always support them, even if they are in non-combat roles, or decide that they cannot handle combat and opt for discharge or re-assignment. (I don't give a hoot if they are gay, either).

Lighten up. Neither of the two wars we are currently involved in is worth any American dying in. However, if some kid joins up and lands in a combat MOS of some kind, then he should be obligated to take up arms when ordered to do so.

Our currently military is all volunteer. When someone joins and then decides not to obey orders (such as enter combat), they are usually relieved of duty and given a less-than-honorable discharge. That discharge will follow them for the rest of their life. It will have an effect on getting a job just about anyplace. I think that the military does have a place for conscientious objectors. They can take up support roles and stay out of combat if they choose, yet still contribute to the mission. Where is gets a little sticky is when some gung-ho kid decides he wants to be a warrior, gets trained for it, but then backs out when the bullets start flying.

Everybody is built a little different. Some people can handle combat and some can't. If they are in the military, I will always support them, even if they are in non-combat roles, or decide that they cannot handle combat and opt for discharge or re-assignment. (I don't give a hoot if they are gay, either).

I agree with you completely if there mos is a non combat roll then that is there job it's the ones that have the combat roll and when t shtf they say noway that is where my problem is, then they do get a L T H discharge they end up on the government teat again

Lighten up. Neither of the two wars we are currently involved in is worth any American dying in.

2,974 innocent people were murdered in New York City prior to the war in Afghanistan. I hate to see any more lives lost because of the actions of the animals in the middle east. However I strongly disagree with you that this isn't a fight worth fighting. We should continue to fight until every last one of them is wiped from the earth

Unthinkable that anyone put in harms way would choose not to fight to protect themselves and their brother soldiers. I would bet that even a chaplain would choose to fight rather than be the cause of the death of himself and his fellows.

Free speech.....

Sometimes, it identifies you as an asshat!

2,974 innocent people were murdered in New York City prior to the war in Afghanistan. I hate to see any more lives lost because of the actions of the animals in the middle east. However I strongly disagree with you that this isn't a fight worth fighting. We should continue to fight until every last one of them is wiped from the earth

Yeah, because all the hundreds of thousands of people in the ME that the US government murdered in the last decade were all involved with 9/11. :rolleyes:

The original question was, I believe, what kind of (lowlife) would enter the armed forces and NOT fight.

Google "History of Contientious Objectors" and do some reading.

The subject had come up in a conversation with my 87yo mom a while back. She'd had first hand contact with COs in the day. I'd never really considered how diverse our military personel were way back in the forties. Jews, Quakers, and many other different people from all over the world were in our military! Just because someone will refuse to shoot a fellow human dead does not mean they wouldn't risk their life doing support work for the armed forces.

On the other hand, maybe the driver of the vehicle with the bumper sticker was a douche bag, grass eatin', hippie, coward, anyway!

Mike

Way back in 1964 I took an oath of enlistment into the US Army as a light weapons infantryman, parachutist. Here's the oath.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Nowhere in that oath does it say, unless I change my mind, or unless I disagree. If you, as an adult volunteer, stand up and take the oath, keep it.

For over 23 years I traveled all over the world keeping faith with the oath, including 3 1/2 years in Viet Nam and a few other places. Now, at 66 years of age I am still held by that oath, having never been released from it.

First off I in no way shape or form agree with someone destroying someones private property, But today I came across a bumper sticker that I wanted to rip off or just deface in one way or another on the back of a car.

Good for you for resisting your impulse and respecting the right of your neighbor to express his or her views. We all see bumper stickers we'd like to do something about. But we don't. Because we are Americans and therefore respect the right of others to express views we abhor.

We're different here. Better. We are Americans.

Put that on a bumper sticker.

The stickers that annoy the CRUD out of me are the ones I occasionally see on cars being driven by someone of "questionable immigration status" that have a small cartoon figure peeing on the word, "la Migra"... That is one I want to STAPLE to the owner's forehead while sitting at the stop light.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top