JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did "try" to read that but finally could not take any more. Given the heavy slant of the reporter trying to say Biden is great and companies are the devil I could not get through it all. Bottom line at the beginning it says it started when employee's were not allowed to leave closed stores? Forced to wait for someone to let them out? I read on until my eyes glazed over and never could get to the real reason for that law action that paid out. So bottom line I remember a while back Wally had to pay some big bucks for this same kind of thing. So one thing large companies do learn from is having to pay out for being stupid. This article was a glowing piece of trash trying to say inflation is all someone else's fault, not the current lets print more money to give away administration who that paper is all in on. The ones who so far prove over and over they learn nothing is the people reading this and then voting for the same people who are destroying this place. :(

There are a million other articles to read on this topic if you don't like that one, just google it. Bosses routinely screw over working people. We used to all understand this (I'm old enough to remember songs like "Take this Job and Shove It"). Unfortunately, it's all been made as red vs. blue now, so bosses skate free ripping workers off, while we all fight with each other over mostly non-sense. If you've never been forced to work off the clock or never get your unpaid lunch break because you need that job or known people that have, then yeah I guess you won't get it.

There are a million other articles to read on this topic if you don't like that one, just google it. Bosses routinely screw over working people. We used to all understand this (I'm old enough to remember songs like "Take this Job and Shove It"). Unfortunately, it's all been made as red vs. blue now, so bosses skate free ripping workers off, while we all fight with each other over mostly non-sense. If you've never been forced to work off the clock or never get your unpaid lunch break because you need that job or known people that have, then yeah I guess you won't get it.
I have ZERO problem with a Co who has to pay out BIG if they do something stupid. The start of that trash said Home Depot was making workers stay while they waited till someone would take the time to let them out. So since the article made it all but impossible to read that, I will assume it happened. Also assume that Home Depot had to pay out big, since the article did seem to say that at the beginning. That is great. As I said Wally got nailed for this same thing good while back. Companies LEARN when it costs them. That still has NOTHING to do with the real threat right now. Anyone who is not keeping their head firmly implanted in the ground can see what is going on. Every time they buy gas or food. So they have a choice. Say some mythic Co's are stealing pennies from workers all the while the same workers are getting HOSED up the butt by the people they are voting for. So by all means. Keep voting for the liberals while saying the real problem is those evil Co's. We really do deserve what we are getting. :(

And the biggest criminal of all when it comes to wage theft is the United States Government.

They steal massive amounts of money from the people and they don't even try to hide it. They call it "taxes." And it's legal. Because the tyrants changed the laws to legalize their theft.

To be clear, I don't have any issues with paying reasonable amounts of tax. I think most people understand that maintaining the roads and such doesn't come free. But we are WAY beyond reasonable. Nobody ever agreed or signed up for BILLIONS of our tax dollars to be handed out to every foreign nation under the sun like Ukraine. Or millions of dollars to be give to countries like Pakistan to support their gender studies programs. Or money given to South Africa to support their green energy needs.

Our founding fathers started a war when a corrupt tyrannical king tried to tax their tea. They also said "tea sucks" and started switching to coffee which is delicious...but I digress. However, if our founders were alive today, they would absolutely be shooting people by now.

WOLVEIRNES!

It's not enough our wages are being stolen by illegals, one nurse in Chicago tending to same earned $20,000/week doing so..

"Bosses routinely screw over working people."

It is a two way street...
I have been a member of large unions about half my working life and many members are very poor employees and should not be in this job but the union contract protects them. I could write a page of examples of employees who the company had the misfortune of hiring and then were basically stuck with.
Stuff like caught asleep in their car in the parking lot while on the clock, being warned and have it happen again, etc. etc... I have seen employees play the race-card, the gender-card, the ethnicity-card and the age-card while trying to self-excuse their unacceptable workplace behavior.

They steal from us and we can't even talk about it as theft and instead we talk about a bunch of other issues. I don't get how much excuse-making goes on for the rich and powerful. This thread kind proved my point I guess.

P.S. There is not a union contract in America that prevents someone from being fired. Yes, there is some due process. Then lazy managers who don't want to do THEIR job (and wbo earn more $$ for it and usually don't do the hard work) blame "union" on why they can't deal with their problem people. It's all BS. I've managed in a union environment and I've fired people because I did my job.

Coordinated union campaign to deflect from the rampant shoplifting , smash and grabs, robberies and other "property theft" which have become commonplace in leftist cities. Wait until they blame all the addicts overdosing on inadequate employer funded health insurance.

"Bosses routinely screw over working people."

It is a two way street...
I have been a member of large unions about half my working life and many members are very poor employees and should not be in this job but the union contract protects them. I could write a page of examples of employees who the company had the misfortune of hiring and then were basically stuck with.
Stuff like caught asleep in their car in the parking lot while on the clock, being warned and have it happen again, etc. etc... I have seen employees play the race-card, the gender-card, the ethnicity-card and the age-card while trying to self-excuse their unacceptable workplace behavior.
THIS^^^^.

My forum mate @Alexx1401 critique of the article is good enough for me. And LATimes? Seriously?
What a truckload of Doo-Doo.
For the record, this household is supported by union work. Yeah, those arses support the dims, but they're damn serious when it come to of the clock work. All these large companies are being screwed by a bunch of lazy morons that are more concerned with their pronouns and whether or not they should wear their hair in a bun or not, than they are with doing the job they get paid for.

THIS^^^^.

My forum mate @Alexx1401 critique of the article is good enough for me. And LATimes? Seriously?
What a truckload of Doo-Doo.
For the record, this household is supported by union work. Yeah, those arses support the dims, but they're damn serious when it come to of the clock work. All these large companies are being screwed by a bunch of lazy morons that are more concerned with their pronouns and whether or not they should wear their hair in a bun or not, than they are with doing the job they get paid for.
Yep, I was a member of the Machinist Union for a good while. They had some good of course but, a lot of bad. I was offered the chance to go salary and turned it down as I knew I would get fired if I did. I was well known for telling the truth and sometimes managers did not like that. In the Union they could do nothing about it. What I HATED was LAZY worthless employee's who hid behind the union protection. I several times was asked to be a Steward and turned it down. Not popular with some when I said I could not go and defend people who could not get out of bed on Monday or come to work on Friday. The union protected some real trash way too hard for my taste. As so often happens they started out with great idea's and over time they became a corrupt money hungry creature.

The union protected some real trash way too hard for my taste.
In the UFCW local 555 the union is all for firing these people. They don't support the crap that goes on. It's the corporation that is afraid to fire people!! A guy that was fired, after 8 or so years, fell for stealing drinks that were sweethearted to him, out of the instore Starbucks, in the neighborhood of $2,500.00! Documentation up the butt! He took the state to court and got unemployment! And then after that? He filed a suit for racial discrimination! Never heard how that turned out. The guy was middle management and undependable as hell, with a chip on his shoulder to boot!

In the UFCW local 555 the union is all for firing these people. They don't support the crap that goes on. It's the corporation that is afraid to fire people!! A guy that was fired, after 8 or so years, fell for stealing drinks that were sweethearted to him, out of the instore Starbucks, in the neighborhood of $2,500.00! Documentation up the butt! He took the state to court and got unemployment! And then after that? He filed a suit for racial discrimination! Never heard how that turned out. The guy was middle management and undependable as hell, with a chip on his shoulder to boot!
Sadly I keep seeing that at the system I work for now. The non union people don't need a union. The HR department seems to be scared to death to term anyone until it gets over the top bad. The really sad part is so many really piss poor workers watch this, then set the bar just above that point. Thinking well if this is what you have to do to get canned I will do just enough to not get kicked out. Meanwhile those of us who still have work ethic get to try to pick up the slack. Hard to watch after a while. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top