JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at trying a different part of the Unit this year. Anyone hunt north of Greenhorn, south of Desolation lookout, south west ish of Olive lake?

I don't have ATVs or Horses. So it will be a hike-n-hunt, but I'd like to see animals even if I can't draw horns on 'em.

Oh...if you have any recommendations for geeser hunts...my father-in-law probably shouldn't be doing anything difficult.

Looking at trying a different part of the Unit this year. Anyone hunt north of Greenhorn, south of Desolation lookout, south west ish of Olive lake?

I don't have ATVs or Horses. So it will be a hike-n-hunt, but I'd like to see animals even if I can't draw horns on 'em.

Oh...if you have any recommendations for geeser hunts...my father-in-law probably shouldn't be doing anything difficult.
I have hunted that area one time. On our way back I came over the wrong ridge and ended up taking a 8 mile detour back to Olive lake. If you ever walk around the lake and find a bottle of whiskey stashed next to a stump, you're welcome. I hid that over 12 years ago before the fire went through there. I havent been back.

Old thread, but I will say, good country for Geezers.
Not full of deep canyons.
The one elk I killed in there, we drove to within 15 feet of it.
A little chainsaw action, but we got real close.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top