JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've read some lately about, "Delayed opening Shot Shells." I'm using a full choke 18 inch barrel
12GA. with a 3inch chamber and I would like to extend my killing range a little for turkey hunting.

Has anyone got any "Real Life" experience with any of these new loads?

IraqVeteran8888 did a demo. Looks promising.
(Can't find the video right now)

BUT>>>>>

Video from:
Taofeldermaus

Last Edited:
The only thing I've been able to find so far are ads by Remington and Federal. :(

Naturally, they both say they're the best.:rolleyes:

So far, no comparison tests.o_O
fast forward to about 8:00 on the video.
This is only the comparison between wad types.
He is using a cylinder bore shotgun as well.

Last Edited:
Thanks Dyjital,:)
That Federal Flight Control looks like a sure winner. :D
I'll be using #6 shot, but I'm sure it will be good for turkeys.:p
I wish somebody had a comparison of smaller shot sizes.

That Buffalo Outdoors video really gives a good visual though. I started to imagine the "what if's" of smaller shot sizes. Even if 00BK spread the most or if it was the average, how would smaller shot do? Still remarkably well.

The question remains in my mind: does it change shot pattern if you use a choke with the FliteControl Wad?

There is some older discussions (2011 era) regarding the above questions on 24hrCamp and a few others. Worth reading.

Thanks Dyjital,:)
That Federal Flight Control looks like a sure winner. :D
I'll be using #6 shot, but I'm sure it will be good for turkeys.:p
Just FYI herters has an extended range shell. I have some in #5 shot. They have an inverted shot cup. I used to shoot them out of my 20" 590 and the wad flips over and lets the shot out at 50-60 feet. Pretty tight paterns out past 60 yards. If you're too close they are basically a more accurate cut shell. Wicked nasty under 50 feet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top