JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, folks. I was just talking to some guys at work. The guy I went with last year is probably tied up this year (2 kids under 3 years old now and working different days from me), so I have been debating going out on my own. Not too far from anywhere in the Clatsop forest, but I would prefer to have company just in case. And also it would be great to have help carrying if I have any luck. I've been out scouting a little while mushroom foraging and also near Nicolai Mountain looking for rabbits.

Anyway, I mentioned it to two guys here at work, one of whom used to hunt as a kid with family. He suggested I find and hire a guide. I would be fine with that or with tagging along as a pack carrier for someone for the opportunity to learn from someone who knows what they're doing.

Is there somewhere I should look for paid guides?

If I knew anyone in person that was going out for deer here in OR, I would try to tag along with them.

I think the biggest drag I could be is I tend to be more of a night owl than someone up before dawn.

Last Edited:
I would never spend money on a guide for deer, unless it's a once in a lifetime hunt you got drawn for.

Elk, sheep? yeah, without a doubt.

Deer is what you learn hunting and fieldcraft on.

It takes dicipline to get up before sunrise. Something I don't like to do the rest of the year, but I save up for deer season. That's when I'm up early, down late.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top