JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, folks. I was just talking to some guys at work. The guy I went with last year is probably tied up this year (2 kids under 3 years old now and working different days from me), so I have been debating going out on my own. Not too far from anywhere in the Clatsop forest, but I would prefer to have company just in case. And also it would be great to have help carrying if I have any luck. I've been out scouting a little while mushroom foraging and also near Nicolai Mountain looking for rabbits.

Anyway, I mentioned it to two guys here at work, one of whom used to hunt as a kid with family. He suggested I find and hire a guide. I would be fine with that or with tagging along as a pack carrier for someone for the opportunity to learn from someone who knows what they're doing.

Is there somewhere I should look for paid guides?

If I knew anyone in person that was going out for deer here in OR, I would try to tag along with them.

I think the biggest drag I could be is I tend to be more of a night owl than someone up before dawn.

Last Edited:
I would never spend money on a guide for deer, unless it's a once in a lifetime hunt you got drawn for.

Elk, sheep? yeah, without a doubt.

Deer is what you learn hunting and fieldcraft on.

It takes dicipline to get up before sunrise. Something I don't like to do the rest of the year, but I save up for deer season. That's when I'm up early, down late.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top