JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hahahaha some of you guys are really funny. I am a male and I am gay if you must know so there... the cat is out of the bag. It takes a lot to get me offended so no worries.

I appreciate all the great input and I will be looking up all the links some of you provided.

The comment was made that I was fired from my last job and that is false. I decided to move on because I wasn't happy with what I was doing... but I digress.
Oh that isnt a big deal at all!
Most of us were just trying to help because women and men can have different carry methods. Trust me, the folks on NWFA are good people. We just try to help the best way we can.
You seem very well spoken for a new member and asking a relatively deep question regarding laws VS policy especially at the hieght of the firearm advocates losing even more of our rights/freedoms we're kind of on high alert for false flag types sometimes, folks that may have alterer motives.

However you werent asking about anything too farfetched and it seemed genuine. Most of our guards are down once we see someone makes a few other constructive posts.

I hope you did find a method of carry and a sense of reassurance that your life and your safety is up to you and only you. You have constitutional rights and natural rights that prevail over a company's policy based on legal liability.

There are:
Shoulder holster shirts
Shoulder holsers
Belly bands
Deep IWB holsters
Pocket holsters
Fanny packs
Sneaky Peet pouch
Boot and ankle holsters..

What sucks is what works for some and some body types certainly does t work for others.. I have a whole box full of holsters because I was trying to find ones that felt right.

While at work (if active) Id carry in a shirt-shoulder holster or perhaps a belly band. Less of a chance anyone would see it or worse it falls out of position and you have to awkwardly reposition it in an anti firearm environment.

Best of luck. And once again, your sexual prefrence or orientation..etc makes no difference so long as you support freedom. :)
-ZA

Concealed is concealed, your little secret. Your safety is important, the safety of your family is important, the safety of your friends is important ....... see the developing pattern? Looking for work is better than looking for a headstone.

Ok, depending on what the dress code is they do make some nicer looking cargo style pants. Pocket carry becomes possible. I carry a S&W M&P Shield in the cargo pocket using a Desantis pocket holster and a Desantis pocket magazine carrier on the other side. People do not seem to notice.

I know it's not exactly "deep", but you will be able to access it quickly if necessary.

My pants:
http://www.amazon.com/RIGGS-WORKWEA...30522309&sr=8-1&keywords=wrangler+riggs+pants

Desantis Nenesis pocket holster:
http://www.amazon.com/DESANTIS-Neme...rds=desantis+nemesis+pocket+holster+N38BJE1Z0

Desantis Mag Packer Pocket Pouch:
http://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Mag-..._sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VPNSJSHR8WD9R0KW52Z

Mike

That thunderwear stuff looks a lot like the smartcarry pouch. I just may have to try it out. The videos on YouTube make it look very concealable but I kinda have some doubts but I guess I will know for sure once I order one.

Again, I appreciate all the good info.

In the places I go that are supposed to be safe i carry a Seecamp semi in a pocket holster and an extra clip. If i put a phone in the pocket outside it, it prints like a phone. No phone, it doesn't show at all. It's a 32, but i have 10 rounds on me at all times. 'Nuff for unexpected CQ attack and no one can tell you are carrying.

Not to really sidetrack, but I thought at least traditionally, the definition of "deep carry" was to be able to evade a cursory search.. even by those quasi "trained". anyway, good luck

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I carried at work all the time and I worked for the WA state DOT but retired in 1999 from there after 30 years and at 51. So I went looking for other jobs.
Just remember that carrying on public transportation may not be legal either. I didn't realize that till I had my car worked on in Beaverton and they drove me to work in the "Black Box" downtown. Called them to pick me up and that's when they told me they didn't pick up and I'd need to find my way out there. Took MAX for the first time ever and was worried the whole time since I was carrying.
I've carried into Blazer games too. Luckily they wanded people in front of and behind me. Once we were in the private suite I wasn't worried.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Whatever you decide to do, you may want to try carring a prop gun or airsoft pistol for a week so if someone does happen to spot you, you can just tell them you're practicing and show them the fake gun, keeping your job. Do you have to have it on your person, or could you keep it hidden at your desk?

-AS far as Trimet (max) goes, as long as your are not open carrying they don't care as far as I know... of course you want to have a valid CHL for that.

-I understand what you are saying about carrying a toy gun, but I am sure I would still get in trouble. That would look very weird and suspicious. Maybe I'd get written up for it or maybe they would punish me just the same as me having a real gun over a toy gun.... I don't know.
I would really like to carry on my person. I don't want to leave my bag with a gun in it unattended.

I am really considering getting a smartcarry small pouch and trying it. I really don't have much of an option. I keep thinking about how I can go about doing this and I am going nuts lol. I wish I could carry a fanny pack but that would really screen GUN.

Are you stuck on the G42? A ruger lcp/keltec p3at with a belt clip is very deep carry. Either clip it in your waistband at about the 4 o'clock position, or trick style: put the left handed clip on it, carry it in your right pocket, clipped to it like a pocket knife. You can look right at the clip and back of the weapon and think it's a pocket knife. It works. I'd post pics, but I don't currently have one of those nose guns, just big guns. Sold em off in a moment of need. Both guns are minute of bad guy accurate out to about 15m if you do your part. Best of luck to ye.

Yeah I'm stuck with the G42. I actually like it because it's a nice shooter and fits my hand good. I used to have a Kel-Tec P3AT and it hated how it felt when I shot it and the trigger was horrible.

You might try a cell phone holster, not sure if they make them for the g42 but definitely something to look into. There are some damn big cell phones floating around these days.

Probably a good idea to put a disclaimer here and tell the person asking this question that following advice from here could very well cost them their job if they follow any of the advice and then give them tips, but CYA of the tip giver first :)
Just thinking about the thread and the possibilities. A good disclaimer would be a real good thing :D

If you are open to picking up a new gun solely for the purpose of carrying to work, I suggest one of the little North American Arms .22 Magnum revolvers. They are very high quality and exceptionally small. Very easy to conceal in ways that no one will ever discover.

I know, it is not the best round for defense, and 5 shots single action isn't ideal either, but you can literally slip it into the front pocket of a pair of skinny jeans and no one would notice it. I'm an educated professional type as well, and I carried one in some pretty anti-gun environments for years -- in my right front pocket behind my wallet (to keep from printing), wearing tight jeans, slacks, whatever, and no one was ever the wiser. And I'm no huge guy either -- I'm about 155 with a 30" waist -- so not a lot of room to hide stuff.

Another option is one of the large variety of .380 sub-compact semi-autos. I personally prefer the Seecamp and the Micro Desert Eagle, but there are literally a dozen guns of this type which have come to market in the last decade at every level of price/quality. None will be as easy to shoot as your Glock, but the difference in conceal-ability is enormous. And,some companies are making pretty effective defensive ammo in mouse gun calibers these days, so they can be a legitimate defensive option, IF you practice enough to make your shots count.

Ultimately, the guns that are fun and easy to shoot are pretty much universally ill suited for discrete carry wearing modern fashionable clothing. I love my 1911s and my Hi-Power at the range (not to mention my magnum revolvers. . . ), but for daily carry it is hard to beat something like a NAA .22 Mag or a Seacamp .380.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck, and welcome to the NWFA!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top