JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello folks

I would like to run something by you and get your input on something that has been on my mind for a while now.

I've had my CHL for a while now and I would like to carry at my new job (I have a Glock 42). My past employer didn't know I carried nor was it ever mentioned that it was a gun free zone so all was well.... don't ask don't tell kinda thing. Well my new employer has made it clear that weapons are not allowed on site. It's kinda stupid because a lot of things at my new job can be used as a weapon but that is a different story.

I understand it's private property and I don't own the business so I have to follow rules, but what if something happens and I have no choice but to use deadly force to defend myself from great bodily harm and or death? if I am ever forced to use deadly force, all company rules and regulations will go out the door and I would rather be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

So I will not be driving to work because parking is a mess, I would have to park my car far away and walk to work or take a work shuttle. I will be using public transportation and I am a fan of on body carry, so I don't want to keep the firearm in a car or in a bag or purse etc.

What should I do? I want to carry on me but I don't want to draw attention and I can't dress too baggy because we have a dress code.
-I can't ankle carry because it sticks out too much
-I can't keep it in my bag because it's not secure enough and I can't lock it up anywhere but to leave it in my cubical.
-I know of a SMART CARRY system where you crotch carry in a pouch that goes around your body and your pant pulls over and covers it up, but I don't know how well that works. I have seen videos but I'm not sure if it's for me.
-Belly band or shirts with gun holsters look like they would print because my top will be form fitting to a pint.

I really have to make sure nothing prints or shows. Also one of my biggest concerns is that if I get hurt at work and go to the hospital, they will probably find out I am carrying. Heaven forbid if something happens and the EMS have to rip my cloths off.... boom... there is a gun on this person. I have been thinking about everything that could go wrong.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
How can I deep carry and get away with it?

Thank you :)

I understand the concern.... but my other concern is why is this your first post?o_O......no offense, just curious?

Last Edited:
No not at all, and welcome!! I'd explain things in more detail as to my previous comment but I don't want to muck up the thread ;), just has been an explosion of sorts with "new members" and the oddities that have followed.

Thank you. I have been monitoring this site for a short time and finally decided to open my own account and post something that has been on my mind. I am going over other posts and will be making comments.

Hope it is worth loosing you job. I would be fired in a nano second if my employer learned I was carrying at work. My family depends on me for support. I can not risk getting fired.

Hope it is worth loosing you job. I would be fired in a nano second if my employer learned I was carrying at work. My family depends on me for support. I can not risk getting fired.
In todays world yes, it should be worth it.
There are crazies willing to do harm when and where ever.

If we had a community with balls (and big money) they'd start discrimination cases against companies that ban firearms on their property.
Its more than the second amendment its the first as well in that its your freedom of expression. You're expressing that you arent willing to be a victim, that you live a defensive lifestyle.

There are plenty of great jobs that have a dont ask dont tell policy when it comes to firearms.. Its those that ban them outright that are in the wrong. If you should lose your tennative job over something as ridiculous as discrimination then it surely shouldnt be the place for you to carry out the rest of your career. We keep playing by their rules and we all know it isnt right. What they are doing is selective discrimination and because of spineless Fudd attitudes we've allowed this to take place over the years.

Id say CARRY ON. Carry what you find is the most descreet way possible while at your bigot employer. They will not and CANNOT protect you.. They dont care about you.
Do they have adequate lighting? Do they have security guards on patrol? Do they have cameras everywhere in case of an attack? Odds are they dont, its up to you and only you to save your own skin.

My suggestion is follow the LAW not policy and carry via bellyband or perhaps bra carry?
I assume you are a woman due to the purse comment so no disrespect intended.

Take care.
ZA.

Here is my experience:

I've carried for over 20 years and I have never been made because of printing. Never. The only people who notice printing are people who are currently carrying or people who are directly asked, "can you tell this is a gun?"

I've pocket carried, strong side IWB, and even carried in using a modified "Mexican" carry. Any of them will work, but pocket carry is probably the least noticeable. With a good pocket holster, it looks like a large wallet. If anyone notices that it vaguely looks like a gun, they have been staring at your crotch for WAY too long. (Maybe that is a problem for you, but not for me[emoji45])

Regarding the ambulance scenario: If you are in a situation where you need an EMT to cut your clothes off, a new job is the least of your worries.

And in the end, if you suffer consequences for doing what is right, take your medicine with your head held high. You did what was right.

One the most difficult parts of giving advice in a situation like this is only you know your body and how things will fit on it.

Depending on gender, here are a few suggestions you may want to try. It is important to actually invest the money in trying them all. See which one works, and return the rest.

If you are a woman, I would head over to this website:
http://thewellarmedwoman.com/

They have lots of ideas on how to carry a firearm on a woman's body. Being a man, I am not an expert on how to fit a firearm into a woman's wardrobe.

There is a product from a company called Thudnerware (silly name if you ask me) but it may work:
<broken link removed>

Another product is called UnderTech Undercover.
http://www.undertechundercover.com/

Lastly, if you find the right ankle holster it may work for you. It is all about positioning and wardrobe. I wouldn't rule this one out until you really test it a bit. For a good ankle holster I prefer one with sheeps wool on the leg side for comfort.

Aside for the ankle holsters, I've haven't had a chance to test any of these first hand. I've been using an IWB Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for years and wouldn't ever change. What I have changed is my wardrobe. Most people have no idea that I carry or what I carry. Sometimes a person must consider changing their wardrobe to fit their carry habits. You may also consider finding a smaller pistol. Personally I love a good Sig P238 or P938.

Lastly, the private property choice is all on you. As someone stated your physical safety vs your financial safety. If you are caught breaking the business's policy, being fired might be the least of your issues. It could turn into criminal trespass, or not. I don't know, I'm not lawyer. That is something to consider in your choices.

Good luck finding a solution for your issue. I hope this helps.

hahahaha some of you guys are really funny. I am a male and I am gay if you must know so there... the cat is out of the bag. It takes a lot to get me offended so no worries.

I appreciate all the great input and I will be looking up all the links some of you provided.

The comment was made that I was fired from my last job and that is false. I decided to move on because I wasn't happy with what I was doing... but I digress.

hahahaha some of you guys are really funny. I am a male and I am gay if you must know so there... the cat is out of the bag. It takes a lot to get me offended so no worries.

I appreciate all the great input and I will be looking up all the links some of you provided.

The comment was made that I was fired from my last job and that is false. I decided to move on because I wasn't happy with what I was doing... but I digress.

Most of the options still apply to your use then. One thing which may be the most difficult is doing an the appropriate wardrobe change to fit the weapon you choose to carry. Just try a lot of them until you find one that works for you. Or find the few that work depending on your wardrobe choice for that day.

Good luck.

A little confused. What does being gay have to do with a purse or form fitting tops etc? If you work in a cubicle, why worry about getting seriously injured at work? Something is a little off.

If you can lawfully carry at work but have to violate policy to do so make the choice whether the risks are worth it. Lots of good ideas have been given.

Questions have been made about me possibly being a female because I mentioned a purse in my post. Just because I have a cubicle doesn't mean I just sit on my bottom and all is safe around me. I don't want to get into what I do, but I do interact with a lot of different people. I have seen things get a bit out of control and that is why I am here asking for your input on the best way I can deep carry.

Can we just stop playing detective and just focus on providing related feedback? I am sorry you feel like something is a bit off Slimer13. Folks.... please, if your comments aren't related to my issue, please keep them to yourself.

Thank you ;)

Here's some issues:
1) Who cares if you're gay, but if you voted for someone that supported SB941, then we have a problem.
2) Carrying at a work that specifically says that you're not allowed is a choice between personal vs financial security.
3) Carrying is a lifestyle, it's not meant to be comfortable, it's meant to be comforting, if you're wearing clothes that are form fitting; one, you shouldn't be wearing clothes that tight, male or female, and two, you will have to wear baggier clothes in order to conceal a firearm.
4) I'm an engineer, I carry against company policy. That said, I'm not in fear of my life at work, it's more for my commute. My boss and I have traded guns in the office, so I'm not too concerned, but I use deep concealment for the office since he would probably eventually spot my holster.
5) It sounds like you're a cube rat, and if you've seen things that you feel are escalated situations with various individuals, then I suggest you not carry at your current work. Unless your life is in danger, you have no business pulling a firearm. I suggest you consider reading up on deadly force laws for Oregon, ORS 161.

In summary, dress around your firearm.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads