JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:D:D:D:s0112::s0112: words must make people uncomfortable, imagine carrying a gun in self defense but not working on the words to keep you out of trouble. History explains this :s0114::s0114:

jj

Do you feel as though you can't have an open debate here?

I try not to operate on "feelings". I learn from debate when it's open and honest. However there are some who's feelings won't let them debate openly and honestly. Debate is stiffled by feelings, some people get very offended by the truth when in confronts their belief.

I like this site because it is local. These are my neighbors. I want to talk to my neighbors in an atmosphere that I can learn from so I offer a place to go where both sides can talk freely without locks.

I understand the management here doesn't want a pissing match to corrupt this site so out of respect to this site I offer an alternative that does allow any debate. I won't post another site here out of that same respect so PM is the only way it will be given.

JJ

While I commend your ideals of wanting open and honest debate, I think as you've experienced here there are a variety of opinions (especially concerning religion and politics) and everyone likes to believe that their particular opinion on any given subject is "the" truth.

I appreciate as well that you can see this site for what it is:

NorthwestFirearms.com was founded with three goals in mind, which comprise our mission statement:

1. Provide a family friendly online community for firearm enthusiasts of the Northwest to meet other enthusiasts, discuss various topics, share news, buy, sell, & trade, organize events, and much more.

2. Provide a resource for firearm owners to organize themselves for the purpose of protecting the second amendment and our firearm rights, as well as defeating gun-control legislation and anti-gun candidates.

3. Spread the message of safe firearm use and ownership, while promoting self defense, shooting sports, hunting, and collecting.

Given that firearms owners span the full spread of the political spectrum, an "anything goes" sort of debate policy will only serve to highlight our differences rather than bring us together in defence of our second amendment rights.

Granted again we all have different ideas as to what "defending" those rights means to each of us, so rather than getting into "peeing" matches over these differences the founder of this forum has set specific rules in place to try and minimize these counter-productive arguments.

Anyone that is willing to "play by these rules" is more than welcome to make this site yet one more personal resource for local flavor with regards to the defence of the second amendment.

There are plenty of other places out there on the web where we can all get our fill of open and honest debate. :s0155:

And of course I am respecting your wishes and telling people if they want debate where it is free, open and honest.

I don't believe it is possible to bring so many different people together on the gun issue when people vote for those who would take away our rights. The founding Fathers armed us to defend our ideals and we have grown seperate because we are not allowed to disscuss our differences. When you can't talk the differences out then the violence starts. The escalation from that will take all our rights away.

So be it I guess.

Other sites open a forum that gives a warning that if you go there it is free and open debate. The warning is for those who have no stomach for words. It keeps the sensitve away and free men can talk.

Later guys got to go debate.

jj

jj

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top