JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the deadliest catch at MaGraths fishhouse a few days ago, fried cod that remained light tender and untouched by grease embedded in a light, airy, crispy shell that was so good the tarter sauce remained untouched. The portion is small but the quality is simply amazing, and the best fried fish I've ever had. I made up for the lack of quantiy with the fries and a huge of mug of Ninkasi IPA was also delightful.

Ninkasi = YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you recall the episode some years ago where the host was served all the parts of a cod ... eyes, sperm, other incredibly groos crap and he actucally tried it all?

BTW, I hate fish of all kinds. Imagine my Catholic youth on Fridays. I went hungry a lot.

Hahahahahaha, I am not sure that the camera crews could handle it at all. I can remember one particularly bad storm, we thought we had lost our anchor. And I was one of the idiots they sent forward to find out if it was lost and to pull up the anchor chain. Will never forget that morning. Winds were gusting at 120knots, seas were at 28ft. Half of our crew was sick. We had green water splashing the bridge. Thought the screws were going to shake the whole freaking boat to bits. But it was great not to have to stand in a long line for chow, but the extra shifts sucked. We spent about 72 hours trying to hide around the Aleutian Islands. Had someone went down, we would not have been much help. Plus, in the high seas, would not be able to launch a helo anyway.

We got in a "breeze" northwest of St. Paul in 1973 and lost our anemometer. No clue what the wind was after that, but it was exciting to the max. One of our torpedo tubes was sprung and canted on the mount from the green water we were shipping. Had every spare chain on the boat hung on the helo, and when we got back into Kodiak we had footprints two or three feet up on the passageway bulkheads.....not that a 378 will roll you understand......:s0114::s0114:

Ninkasi = YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you recall the episode some years ago where the host was served all the parts of a cod ... eyes, sperm, other incredibly groos crap and he actucally tried it all?

BTW, I hate fish of all kinds. Imagine my Catholic youth on Fridays. I went hungry a lot.

LOL, I grew up and was schooled Catholic myself, it took years but I got past the thought conditioning of the Catholic dogma. Basically to be Catholic means (you think) you're going to **** for anything you do, even internal thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top