JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This gentleman truly embodies the spirit of Christmas and the giving of oneself unselfishly. My eyes also were damp upon reading this. And also feeling the parents pain having experienced two close friends losing a child and the pain they went through, It was also painful for me having known the children. My hat is off to this gentleman

My kids are at the age where they are stopping to believe in SC. I told them this story tonight and said THAT IS SANTA CLAUS. The idea and belief in the hearts of children. It is real to them and can be for anyone. It is an idea not a fat guy in a red suit.

I also read A Christmas Carol every year to them.

People out in the world don't always think folks like us have any heart or any feelings, they have no idea who we are, nor some of the things we have been through! I hate children's hospitals, I really really do! I will not explain why, no need to peel onions any more today!

How absolutely true! Many folks on places like this may come across as having a gruff exterior, but many have a heart of gold inside. The people that know us, know that very well. The others, the ones that only look at the outward appearances, are, quite simply, missing out on some of the kindest, most generous, loyal, faithful people they could meet. I think about that when I see groups of bikers in their leathers showing up to deliver gifts to children in the hospital at Christmas. Or when a group of vets line up to protect the family of a fallen hero from the foul, loudmouth protesters that would seek to dishonor the dead. Or when a neighbor needs help and someone like you find here delivers them a meal, mows their lawn or gives them a ride.

It's amazing how few people truly reflect the very thing that Martin Luther King Jr. said so eloquently some years ago: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." It seems today all that matters to many is the color of someone's skin, or their political affiliation, or their religion or lack thereof. So few seem to want to get to know the person behind the exterior, and it's sad that so many miss out on the quality people all around them as a result.

This forum is populated with some very fine individuals, some of whom I've been privileged to meet in person. Too bad so many folks can only see us as cowboys that can't wait until the next street shooting to whip out our guns and shoot everyone we can :( So wrong, so wrong.

How absolutely true! Many folks on places like this may come across as having a gruff exterior, but many have a heart of gold inside. The people that know us, know that very well. The others, the ones that only look at the outward appearances, are, quite simply, missing out on some of the kindest, most generous, loyal, faithful people they could meet. I think about that when I see groups of bikers in their leathers showing up to deliver gifts to children in the hospital at Christmas. Or when a group of vets line up to protect the family of a fallen hero from the foul, loudmouth protesters that would seek to dishonor the dead. Or when a neighbor needs help and someone like you find here delivers them a meal, mows their lawn or gives them a ride.

It's amazing how few people truly reflect the very thing that Martin Luther King Jr. said so eloquently some years ago: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." It seems today all that matters to many is the color of someone's skin, or their political affiliation, or their religion or lack thereof. So few seem to want to get to know the person behind the exterior, and it's sad that so many miss out on the quality people all around them as a result.

This forum is populated with some very fine individuals, some of whom I've been privileged to meet in person. Too bad so many folks can only see us as cowboys that can't wait until the next street shooting to whip out our guns and shoot everyone we can :( So wrong, so wrong.
Amen, brother. As human beings we're all prone to judge, and say rash things. We categorize and reject people based on outward appearances or perceived beliefs. The Lord is constantly reminding me about that.

Living in Eugene must make it extra hard not to judge based on appearance.
Yep! But there are some advantages. Typical Eugene bicyclist:
bicyclist.jpg

Typical Portland bicyclist:
iur.jpe

No_Regerts: "Sometimes the opportunity exists where a little effort can mean the world to someone. The effort may hurt, but you have to keep it together to make sure you're not taking anything away from someone else. Santa had to endure to make sure he brought the boy peace. God bless him."

We're on the same page, brother.

Well the news agencies are saying some the details they confirmed but they couldn't fully corroborate it.

I mean come on, it's the news media doing a story about Christmas and an old white man, military Vet, who was being hailed as such a good person.

Pretty much everything the liberal media hates.

If he had a gun it would have been a sensational story.

Part of me hopes its not true.

If ISIS starts beheadings in America they should start with "news" personalities/broadcasters. OR as I refer to them people that blame the teleprompter when they lie.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top