Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dang ! Bless their souls .............

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chee-to, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Man I can't imagine how the families are dealing with this. My dad was soldier and he told us about what it's like to be on a battlefield. It's a sad day but these are warriors fighting for what they believe in. We'll mourn their deaths and hope the best for their families

3. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Thats absolutely horrible. What a tragic, tragic loss, especially to such a close-knit community as SpecOps.

12/5 boys, may god watch over your families.

4. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

Unbelievable...:mad::banghead::jawdrop:

Copter shot down, killing 30 US troops, 7 Afghans

News from The Associated Press

US special forces Afghan helicopter downed 'by Taliban'

BBC News - US special forces Afghan helicopter downed 'by Taliban'

U.S. official: Killed forces were reinforcing troops in Afghanistan

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

30 Americans Killed Including 25 SEALs When Afghan Insurgents Shoot Down Helicopter

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=14245387

AP sources: Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

News from The Associated Press

Worst US loss of life in Afghan war as helicopter crash kills 38

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...opter-crash-38

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

A black day . . . you can contribute to the fallen's memory here:

The Navy SEAL Foundation

6. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

A black day . . . you can contribute to the fallen's memory here:

The Navy SEAL Foundation

7. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

My heart goes out to the families. F'ing Taliban!

8. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Hope it was a lucky RPG shot and not a Stinger type system. If it was a Stinger type then this is going to start happening a lot more.

From what I can gather the SEAL's were a QRF for some 10th Mountain soldiers. Since when is using SEAL's as a QRF been accepted as a good idea? This is the second time SEAL's have been used as a QRF when things went really really bad.

9. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Maybe this sounds stupid, but a majority of casualties we have had in this war have been helicopter-related, whether by accident or a result of an attack. Perhaps, it's time we think of a new form of transport that is more stealthy and secure. Personally, I think in this day and age the use of slow helicopters over such a volatile terrain is antiquated. Between dust storms and anti-aircraft systems they are at such high risk of destruction. I don't know where I am going with this, but I think our tax money should be spent in ways to develop new forms of transport that can replace the helicopter. Also, in dry ,dusty and deserty conditions, helicopters are less than ideal. I think if we didn't have to rely on helicopters the number of casualties would have been much lower in this war.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  10. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Why are our flags not at half mast at every government office? We loose some our nations finest warriors, both Seals and Air force in the single largest loss of life in over a decade of battle, and not a word from our so called leader directing this to happen, This is an outrage! God bless our troops.

11. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

If you can come up with a technology that works better you are ahead of the best aerospace brains on the planet. A lightweight anti gravity power source would be swell, but the fact is you can't change the laws of physics.

12. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

They were at half mast in my community.

13. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

But not called for by our president! Im proud of your community, as I assume are you, they stood up and did whats right. Yet when our nations brave men came home it should have been nation wide, and called for by the president. We twice flew flags at half mast for fourteen brave souls that died in the shuttle disasters. It is a shame that this wasn't so for these warriors. It's my opinion though and I know that there are those that take offence to any remark that disparages president Obama, but on this matter it was wrong!

14. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Truely a tragedy. What numbskull designed this op. Never, Never, put all your operators on one bird. Never send them in with regular army pilots. (must be special op trained for evasive, low light, high threat maneuvers.) Use Pavelow Nighthawks or Osprey special op capable craft. Never send them in unless in the absoloute dark of night. Supressive firepower must be on standby to rain the hellfire of hot lead on insurgents, not the next day for the Liar in Chief to profit from the publicity!! Semper Fi Seals, Special Ops team, Delta, Force Recon!! My Prayers are with their familys and comrads. Greydog.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  15. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

What do you suggest? Electric powered scooters? You use what you have. We can't suspend the operations just because the helo support is used incorrectly. Never drop your assets on top of the objective. Never use improperly trained pilots. Never place all your assets in one bird. Never fly during visable times of day. Never let the President near any of our Operators family, ceremonys, or awards. Greydog.