JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man I can't imagine how the families are dealing with this. My dad was soldier and he told us about what it's like to be on a battlefield. It's a sad day but these are warriors fighting for what they believe in. We'll mourn their deaths and hope the best for their families

Unbelievable...:mad::s0054::s0095:

Copter shot down, killing 30 US troops, 7 Afghans

News from The Associated Press

US special forces Afghan helicopter downed 'by Taliban'

BBC News - US special forces Afghan helicopter downed 'by Taliban'

U.S. official: Killed forces were reinforcing troops in Afghanistan

<broken link removed>

30 Americans Killed Including 25 SEALs When Afghan Insurgents Shoot Down Helicopter

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=14245387

AP sources: Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

News from The Associated Press

Worst US loss of life in Afghan war as helicopter crash kills 38

<broken link removed>

A black day . . . you can contribute to the fallen's memory here:

The Navy SEAL Foundation

The Navy SEAL Foundation is integral in providing support to NSW families so that our active duty operators can focus on their training and deployment with a greater sense of ease knowing that their loved ones have a dedicated and caring support network behind them. In event of the ultimate sacrifice, the Navy SEAL Foundation quickly turns its primary attention towards helping the families of the fallen or wounded SEAL, SWCC, or other operator. With mutual support, bereavement resources, and reception events, our goal is to assist in rebuilding lives.

A black day . . . you can contribute to the fallen's memory here:

The Navy SEAL Foundation

The Navy SEAL Foundation is integral in providing support to NSW families so that our active duty operators can focus on their training and deployment with a greater sense of ease knowing that their loved ones have a dedicated and caring support network behind them. In event of the ultimate sacrifice, the Navy SEAL Foundation quickly turns its primary attention towards helping the families of the fallen or wounded SEAL, SWCC, or other operator. With mutual support, bereavement resources, and reception events, our goal is to assist in rebuilding lives.

Hope it was a lucky RPG shot and not a Stinger type system. If it was a Stinger type then this is going to start happening a lot more.

From what I can gather the SEAL's were a QRF for some 10th Mountain soldiers. Since when is using SEAL's as a QRF been accepted as a good idea? This is the second time SEAL's have been used as a QRF when things went really really bad.

Maybe this sounds stupid, but a majority of casualties we have had in this war have been helicopter-related, whether by accident or a result of an attack. Perhaps, it's time we think of a new form of transport that is more stealthy and secure. Personally, I think in this day and age the use of slow helicopters over such a volatile terrain is antiquated. Between dust storms and anti-aircraft systems they are at such high risk of destruction. I don't know where I am going with this, but I think our tax money should be spent in ways to develop new forms of transport that can replace the helicopter. Also, in dry ,dusty and deserty conditions, helicopters are less than ideal. I think if we didn't have to rely on helicopters the number of casualties would have been much lower in this war.

Why are our flags not at half mast at every government office? We loose some our nations finest warriors, both Seals and Air force in the single largest loss of life in over a decade of battle, and not a word from our so called leader directing this to happen, This is an outrage! God bless our troops.

Maybe this sounds stupid, but a majority of casualties we have had in this war have been helicopter-related, whether by accident or a result of an attack. Perhaps, it's time we think of a new form of transport that is more stealthy and secure. Personally, I think in this day and age the use of slow helicopters over such a volatile terrain is antiquated. Between dust storms and anti-aircraft systems they are at such high risk of destruction. I don't know where I am going with this, but I think our tax money should be spent in ways to develop new forms of transport that can replace the helicopter. Also, in dry ,dusty and deserty conditions, helicopters are less than ideal. I think if we didn't have to rely on helicopters the number of casualties would have been much lower in this war.

If you can come up with a technology that works better you are ahead of the best aerospace brains on the planet. A lightweight anti gravity power source would be swell, but the fact is you can't change the laws of physics.

Why are our flags not at half mast at every government office? We loose some our nations finest warriors, both Seals and Air force in the single largest loss of life in over a decade of battle, and not a word from our so called leader directing this to happen, This is an outrage! God bless our troops.

They were at half mast in my community.

They were at half mast in my community.

But not called for by our president! Im proud of your community, as I assume are you, they stood up and did whats right. Yet when our nations brave men came home it should have been nation wide, and called for by the president. We twice flew flags at half mast for fourteen brave souls that died in the shuttle disasters. It is a shame that this wasn't so for these warriors. It's my opinion though and I know that there are those that take offence to any remark that disparages president Obama, but on this matter it was wrong!

Truely a tragedy. What numbskull designed this op. Never, Never, put all your operators on one bird. Never send them in with regular army pilots. (must be special op trained for evasive, low light, high threat maneuvers.) Use Pavelow Nighthawks or Osprey special op capable craft. Never send them in unless in the absoloute dark of night. Supressive firepower must be on standby to rain the hellfire of hot lead on insurgents, not the next day for the Liar in Chief to profit from the publicity!! Semper Fi Seals, Special Ops team, Delta, Force Recon!! My Prayers are with their familys and comrads. Greydog.

Last Edited:

What do you suggest? Electric powered scooters? You use what you have. We can't suspend the operations just because the helo support is used incorrectly. Never drop your assets on top of the objective. Never use improperly trained pilots. Never place all your assets in one bird. Never fly during visable times of day. Never let the President near any of our Operators family, ceremonys, or awards. Greydog.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top