JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I see it as abuse of authority under color of law. As well as false arrest, death threat, threat of assault (gonna give the supposed hooker "lumps") and probably assault since the guy they arrested needed medical attention later.

Anything that amounts to punishment on the part of the police is abuse of authority under color of law. Police aren't there to punish, merely to apprenhend and allow due porocess to determine punishment. Arguably, berating somebody for 20 minutes while they are in cuffs, and threatening to kill them, constitutes punishment.

I read this and realize not one of you mention the suit being filed against the city. I also look for charges to be filed against the officer involved.

Having read Ohio CCW laws repeatedly there is nothing that states getting a hooker is a violation of CCW laws. It is however a violation of God's laws.

On page 3 post#59 I said the guy should lawyer up. ;)

I read this and realize not one of you mention the suit being filed against the city. I also look for charges to be filed against the officer involved.

Having read Ohio CCW laws repeatedly there is nothing that states getting a hooker is a violation of CCW laws. It is however a violation of God's laws.

I hink you will find with a little research that His jurisdiction is a little different than that of the Ohio cop and the statutes he is commissioned to enforce.

Just watched the video. All I can say is that cop's behavior defined unprofessional to a "T". I am very surprised that the second cop decided searching the back seat was a good idea while the driver was still in the car. Cop #1 is an arrogant and condescending jerk and #2 was just dumb.

FURY: Canton, OH council pres lashes out at cop critics

Canton, OH City Council President Allen Schulman blasted gun rights activists and critics of a city police officer caught on his own dash-cam video threatening a legally-armed citizen in an obscenity-laced tirade that has gone viral across cyberspace.
Schulman’s remarks — aimed at “out of town” gun activists and others who have criticized the incident from as far away as Washington and Oregon…

<broken link removed>

FURY: Canton, OH council pres lashes out at cop critics

Canton, OH City Council President Allen Schulman blasted gun rights activists and critics of a city police officer caught on his own dash-cam video threatening a legally-armed citizen in an obscenity-laced tirade that has gone viral across cyberspace.
Schulman’s remarks — aimed at “out of town” gun activists and others who have criticized the incident from as far away as Washington and Oregon…

<broken link removed>

Poor baby, maybe he should resign his position as well. Had HE been in the driver's place you can BET he'd be screaming for "heads on platters"!

Poor guy! Man, look at the picture of him in the hospital. It isn't right what they get to do to us.

"Police will not issue a statement saying the issue is under investigation but they did say that six officers were involved and two 'suffered broken bones in the fight'.

However, they recently retracted that statement saying that it was only 'soft tissue damage'."

He will probably get preferred treatment like this outstanding gentleman...LEO.

Portland officer pleads guilty to drunk and reckless driving, gets community service over DA's objection

Portland officer pleads guilty to drunk and reckless driving, gets community service over DA's objection | OregonLive.com

"On Friday, Shadron pleaded guilty to the remaining two charges: misdemeanor driving under the influence of intoxicants, and reckless driving."

"At the sentencing hearing, Multnomah County senior deputy district attorney Jeffrey Howes described not only Shadron's November arrest, but a January 2010 incident in which he chased an estranged girlfriend through Gresham, weaving across lanes, and driving in the bike lane after her car, Howes said. He was charged with reckless driving, but pleaded guilty in March 2010 to careless driving and was fined. "

Ooops..loved this part.

Portland officer pleads guilty to drunk and reckless driving, gets community service over DA's objection | OregonLive.com

(McShane rejected jail for Shadron, saying it could mean he'd lose his job, and instead tacked on additional community service hours.

"It's hard to know how to balance things," McShane said. "You are held to a higher duty. On the other hand, no matter what your job is and who you are, my goal is never to have you lose the things you have going for you in life, if we can avoid it."

McShane said he found Shadron remorseful, and recognizes he does a "great service to the community" as an officer. )

That was really bad - that guy needs to be fired - totally out of control- and to show how stupid he is - he knew it was on video - wow ! One of many reasons not live in Ohio !

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads