JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
OUTRAGE: Fury erupts over Ohio traffic stop video; NW activists join debate

A profanity-laced dash-can video from a Canton, Ohio police car that shows a street cop threatening a legally-armed citizen with felony charges, and possible execution, is racing across cyberspace at warp speed, enraging gun rights activists all over the country, including the distant Pacific Northwest.

<broken link removed>

That is truly scary, if the union sticks up for that a-hole then the whole department is suspect. fire then prosecute him.

That video is an example of the idea our founding fathers had envisioned for us (free citizens), carrying out our 2nd amendment right.
How that authority figure reacted must have been what they were trying to create.

Exactly. More disturbing is how compliant Americans are to the requirement to have a permit to exercise a civil right. Imagine the outrage if The State demanded all citizens to pass a background check before being allowed to participate in a protest demonstration or write a letter to the editor critical of the government. Yet, here we are...

That is truly scary, if the union sticks up for that a-hole then the whole department is suspect. fire then prosecute him.

But, but, he is just a poor misunderstood guy who is in a high stress job and we just can't understand what is really happening and the video doesn't explain it all....(did I miss any excuses???)

“I tell you what I shoulda done. As soon as I saw your gun, I shoulda taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put ten bullets in your *** and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep, do you understand me?”

YA, now that you point it out I see the misunderstanding. Whats wrong with me? Defense fund money being sent!

The officer interacting with the driver should be promptly dismissed.

The other officer, for failing to protect citizen's constitutional rights from a threat, should be suspended, and following suspension participate in appropriate re-training.

Exactly. More disturbing is how compliant Americans are to the requirement to have a permit to exercise a civil right. Imagine the outrage if The State demanded all citizens to pass a background check before being allowed to participate in a protest demonstration or write a letter to the editor critical of the government. Yet, here we are...

That has always been troubling to me.
Its your right. But, you gotta ask for permission to do it, pay a fee, take a class. Sounds like the right is now a privilege.
And I hear don't rock the boat, be happy with what 2nd amendment rights you have and maybe they want take away more of our privileges...I meant rights.

Tell an officer in certain States at first contact with them you have a permit for concealed carry. If you don't they can take your 2nd amendment right away from you. Forever! Or you can Open carry in certain States...without bullets.

Something about that seems weird, I just cant put my finger on it.

Howard

No camera, and he likely would have killed that guy in cold blood and then claimed he reached for his gun. And he would have walked. Are we 100% positive this wasn't filmed in Portland??

The cop deserves to be fired but its amazing noone has mentioned the responsibility of the gun owner. Associating with pimps and hookers (no I don't buy his excuse) ,or anyone involved in criminal behavior is stupid beyond belief.

The gun owner DID try to show the officer his permit as soon as the officer would let him!

BTW: noone is two words: no one.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Lead cop is motivated primarily by fear, and he expresses it as anger. Regardless of the legality of his actions, which is obviously atrocious, he needs to not be a cop for his own health and the safety of those he serves. Alpha cop (his partner) is just a douche.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads