JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The only person engaged in criminal behavior in that video is the cop.

I have no problem with the cop being fired - no argument there. But in no way shape or form am I going to canonize the driver like some seem **** bent on doing. The guy had a known prostitute in the car, and her pimp standing outside. He was not asking for directions, giving a ride or leading them to Jesus. Unless prostitution is legal in his city (my bet is that it isn't) then he was engaging in a crime.

If your exercising your right, then you also must exercise some responsibility which means you do not engage in criminal behavior, or hang around with those who do.

I have no problem with the cop being fired - no argument there. But in no way shape or form am I going to canonize the driver like some seem **** bent on doing. The guy had a known prostitute in the car, and her pimp standing outside. He was not asking for directions, giving a ride or leading them to Jesus. Unless prostitution is legal in his city (my bet is that it isn't) then he was engaging in a crime.

If your exercising your right, then you also must exercise some responsibility which means you do not engage in criminal behavior, or hang around with those who do.

Come on, man...that guy was probably going to get the gift that keeps on giving from the hooker's mouth and then get shaken down by the pimp. Wouldn't that have been punishment enough? I don't believe in laws against victimless crimes...usually they have some sort of built-in punishment already.

Come on, man...that guy was probably going to get the gift that keeps on giving from the hooker's mouth and then get shaken down by the pimp. Wouldn't that have been punishment enough? I don't believe in laws against victimless crimes...usually they have some sort of built-in punishment already.

True karma sucks
Given the choice between the gift and shakedown, or dealing with that cop I'd take the former for sure.

UPDATE 7/22/2011: Canton Police announced Thursday that the officer was relieved of all duties in June following an internal investigation complaint filed in this matter. The local Canton Repository has done some additional investigatory work into the officers and an excellent analysis of the video / audio we posted. The video and story has gone both viral and national crossing over to websites not typically affiliated with the pro-gun movement. Shortly after 7:00pm Thursday our website could no longer handle the volume of visitors we were receiving. We promptly quadrupled the resources behind OhioCCW.org in light of the popularity of this story.

Interesting...

Hope they fire him after the IA investigation is finished.

I would expect cops to act like this in some totalitarian third world dictatorship.... not in America.
Total abuse of power, repeated threats of violence... cop should be fired immediately. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of behavior.

These kinds of guys should be fired for being this stupid.If you're gunna be an ***,the at least be smart enough to disable the cam.
Now the whole Youtube universe gets to see what an dumb *** he was

Disgraceful! His fellow officers should be ashamed to be on the same force with this guy unless they too are calling for charges related to threats with a deadly weapon, etc. His partner is almost as culpable in my view. It will be interesting to see if the union and other cops stand up for him. Even more interesting to see if he even loses his job. I suspect he won't.

As cheap as pocket video cameras are these days everyone should carry one in their car and film crap like this to expose these thugs. Of course that is why many cities, inc NYC, pass laws that make it illegal to record police because of the BS 'terrorist' crap (cover story). Record, document, put online. A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves - Edward R. Murrow

this is exactly why I don't want to own a "Glock .40" :s0112:

recall in another viral video of one particular D.E.A. agent boasting on how he's the only one professional enough to handle a "Glock .40" :s0077:

The officer interacting with the driver should be promptly dismissed.

The other officer, for failing to protect citizen's constitutional rights from a threat, should be suspended, and following suspension participate in appropriate re-training.

I do agree the lead officer should be fired, the secondary at least seriously reprimanded for not trying to stop his partner but I do think both of them do still deserve due process, which is something the lead officer may not even realize exists! ;)

I agree, if he really knew that he had a prostitute and her pimp in the car that was not the smartest choice driving them around particularly with a concealed weapon. We just can't know for sure from this video if he was really aware of this fact. The officers are at an obvious advantage here, having possible run into those two before. His story could very well be true, he does seem a little bit naive , but last I checked that was not a crime yet.
Are we supposed to run a background check on anyone we meet a couple of times in our neighborhoods, so if we ran into them we can give them a ride without getting into trouble? :huh:

Father of Four -

You have NO rights. You have liberties. Permissions, temporary and conditionally granted 'behaviors.' That is the difference. Why people confuse Liberty with Freedom is beyond me. We are not free, that is a delusion. People who falsely believe they are free make the best and most easily controlled populace. Openly enslave and dominant people and they will eventually revolt. Convince people that they have rights and freedoms and you can walk right over them.

I'm usually the first one to back and defend LEOs, but this guy was completely wrong and should be fired. No questions asked.

I don't think he was power tripping, I think it scared the crap out of him and he vented his emotions. However, police need to be controlled and level headed at all times. Period.

The guy should have told him forcefully if needed, that he had a firearm. But the LEO should have given him an opportunity to speak, and not been so aggressive. Yeah it's a bad area, at a late time of night, and who knows what that LEO was dealing with in terms of scumbags. But that's their job.

If it was me, and I tried the talk and the cop told me to be quiet or shut up, I would yell at him I have a permit to carry concealed, so he would change his direction, and you don't come to this.

‘The cop heard round the world’ – Ohio incident puts law in crosshairs

Not only is a Canton, Ohio police officer under increasing fire this morning for his profanity-laden outburst at an armed citizen that now has gun rights activists from Toledo to Tacoma furious, the Buckeye State law that requires citizens to notify cops if they are armed is also being partly blamed for what happened during a video encounter that has streaked around the world over the past 24 hours.

<broken link removed>

The thing that is shocking me is that no one on here is calling for the criminal prosecution of that police officer! Could any of us threaten a fellow citizen on video like that and not spend time behind bars? Add to that the civil rights violations due to him being in a position of authority and power over his fellow citizens and this is some very serious bubblegum!

Just a quick note to give you a little background on why Ohioians For Conceal Carry are making this incident known. Other than the officer needs to be removed from a position of armed authority, that is.

Ohioians got concealed carry of handguns licensing beginning in April, 2007 with a state law that was filled with numerous "poison pills" that the governor at the time and his anti-personal protection minions expected to cause us to let the bill die.
One of those poison pills, albeit a minor one, was the requirement to "promptly" inform an LEO of the fact that you have a CHL and that you are armed IF YOU ARE AT THAT TIME ARMED when stopped by said LEO for official business.

There was another of incident of an LEO not allowing a CHL holder to speak and then charging him with not promptly notifying. That took quite a while and heavy attorney fees to before it was settled without the man losing his right to carry all together.

OFCC and the other Ohio gun rights organization, BFA (the Buckeye Firearms Association), plan on using this incident and others to show that the notification requirement needs to be deleted from state law.

The cop deserves to be fired but its amazing noone has mentioned the responsibility of the gun owner. Associating with pimps and hookers (no I don't buy his excuse) ,or anyone involved in criminal behavior is stupid beyond belief.

Where are your facts that he was engaging in a criminal act (prostitution)? Yeah, the guy's story may be a lie, it could be real too. All for a consensual "crime". She wasn't in the car when the cops stopped behind them. Why did the cop let her go if he had a good case? The cop just thinks she's a working girl... a cop that appears to have no problem making death threats and threats of harassment (I'm gonna tow your car everytime I see it) citizens.

Sit down, shut up, what's your name? I said shut the F up!! What are you doing sitting? I said stand up!! Tell me now, I said shut up! What's your name? You're a liar! Don't move or I'll waste ya, come here!

Flippin' blow-hard.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top