JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off, I'm a HUGE Glock fan. For the last few years I've carried a Glock 23, well pretty much always, for the last 5 years, besides when I thought I'd switch to a 1911, which ended quickly. Lately I've been "bored" with my Glock. It's a perfect "tool", plain, simple, cheap, works perfect...but I want more out of it. I'm thinking about doing some "bolt on" custom work, not to add function, cause it functions exactly how I want it to, but to give it a little more style.

After looking on line, my idea so far is -

Stainless pin kit
Stainless take down lever
Stainless slide stop lever
Stainless mag release
Stainless barrel

Eventually I'd like to buy a stainless Lone Wolf slide. I want to get a 9mm conversion barrel, but it bothers the heck out of me, when the slide says "23" and ".40", and I'm shooting 9mm. The Lone Wolf slides are plain, so it won't bother me!

What do you guys think?

Let's see pictures of your Glocks that you've put your touch on!

Stippling makes them a little more comfy and grippy. This frankenglock is what I used to compete with. I no longer compete, so it's mainly my go to range pistol. Main things added were the ghetto mag well, trigger bar, and larger mag release.

Oh and I used to have a 23 and I still have the extended 9mm conversion barrel. PM me if interested.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421080129.383180.jpg

I've had Glocks but always move away from them. I've since discovered the Walthers. The PPQ and P99 have exceptional triggers and accuracy, fit your hand like a glove, and look great. I also have a PPS and it's also great. That said, if Glock's your thing, dress that puppy up and take it out to dinner.

I think Glocks are capable of being very good looking guns. They're well suited to a "classy tactical" treatment. Frame stippling , ie...Bowie tactical concepts, grip plugs, TI pin kit, new sights.....a lone wolf slide.........all good functional upgrades that have the ancillary benefit of looking BADBUBBLEGUM!!! I say pull the trigger. I Just ordered a gen 4 G35 FDE. It's getting a Ghost connector, lone wolf 6" barrel, some heinie's, and maybe a trijicon RMR

Upgraded parts

• Trijicon 3 Dot Night Sights – The white dots are nice and crisp during the day and transition to a nice green glow as the light gets dimmer.
  • Talon Rubber Stick On Grips – Rubber stick on grips improve the grip in wet conditions and are very comfortable. If you get the Pearce grip frame insert listed below put that in first and then put on the Talon grips.

Glock19_Left.jpg

Glock19_Right.jpg

Moving target at 10 yds

Glock_Target_10yds.jpg

I have three Glocks, a 21, a 23, and a 26. All three of them have the same mods; Lone Wolf extended take down lever, Lone Wolf extended slide release, Meprolight Tritium sights (three green dots), and the factory 5 lb connector. That way, no matter which one I grab, they have roughly the same sight picture and the same trigger. That's pretty cool.

My G21 has a KKM extended threaded barrel so I can run my Osprey on it. My G23 has a Lone Wolf conversion barrel; it's 9mm, also extended and threaded. With the right piston, it runs the Osprey just fine. It's also a lot of fun to shoot with the can; very, very little recoil and it's quiet, to be sure. The conversion barrel has been 100% reliable and very accurate; it's easy to recommend. I did opt for the version that doesn't have Wyle E Coyote on the top....the one I got is plain. The fact that is says "G23 - .40 Cal" on the slide doesn't seem to matter when its putting rounds on target.

I've never even thought about the 'bling' factor with the Glocks. They strike me like a fine tool; the beauty is in the simplicity and reliability. I'm OK with that.

The only non-stock things on my EDC (Gen "3.5") G30 is Trijicon tritium 3-dot sights, Pierce mag extensions and grip plug.

I seldom use the slide stop (for anything), the mag button works for me just fine, it's amazingly accurate, it's comforable in my hand, and it runs like a fine sewing machine. That ain't boring. ;)

I have 2 g20s. One has a 'tactical' length LW slide and a 5.25" barrel. The other has the 6.6" LW barrel and the long slide.
Still looks like a glock though
Lol @claybreakerjaker saying you can make a glock good looking:D
Don't get me wrong,glocks are fine tools and what I cc.
But good looking?
I got the slides to experiment to see if the LW barrels were more accurate than the glock bbls,not for looks.
I really not sure I gained anything and you can be sure you will eat the cost if you decide to sell.
Everyone thinks all used glock top out at $500 used,no matter what improvements.

I have 2 g20s. One has a 'tactical' length LW slide and a 5.25" barrel. The other has the 6.6" LW barrel and the long slide.
Still looks like a glock though
Lol @claybreakerjaker saying you can make a glock good looking:D
Don't get me wrong,glocks are fine tools and what I cc.
But good looking?
I got the slides to experiment to see if the LW barrels were more accurate than the glock bbls,not for looks.
I really not sure I gained anything and you can be sure you will eat the cost if you decide to sell.
Everyone thinks all used glock top out at $500 used,no matter what improvements.
there's just something s3xy about a well done up Glock. It's def not a les Baer or any other finely crafted work of functional art......but a sharp looking tool type of s3xy.

One set of Hogue grips and a 3.5 lb disconnector.

Beauty IS as beauty DOES, Forrest! ;)

Not saying all or some these doo-dads don't work or help, but in my experience the more we mess with a well-balanced machine the less reliable it usually becomes.

My G21 is a heartbreaking, widow-making 100% reliable killing machine, and it seems to fit that role as-is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top