Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cruise In Country Diner in Hillsboro

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cougfan2, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The wife and I were out running errands on Sunday and decided to try the "Cruise In" country diner at the corner of SW Farmington Rd and SW River Rd in Hillsboro.

Any of you that are long time Hillsboro/Aloha residents probably remember this place from the past as the Twin Oaks bubblegum. Used to be kind of a rough crowd, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights and the cops would routinely get called there to break up fights.

Glad to say it has new owners and they have turned it into kind of a 50's/60's retro diner complete with lots of pics of vintage cars. The burgers are awesome as well as the home made french fries. Check it out if you are out that way some time.

BTW, I have no connection with the owners or the business.

2. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I need to go check this place out!!!
    Sounds cool.

3. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

4. Cougfan2

It's pretty cool. The doors to the restrooms look like the front of old gas pumps.

5. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I have driven by this place countless times and never tried it. I just may have to stop in there myself!

6. Cougfan2

When it was still the Twin Oaks bubblegum I would have told you not to bother, but it's pretty nice now. The wife and I will definitely be going back. They are going to have a little jazz band playing there this Saturday evening.

7. ajf1

ajf1 beaverton Member

i have also driven by a number of times. I will also have to check it out. Maybe a good spot for the next west side get together