JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is due on Wednesday, and I have a price alert set up for if they go on sale again. If it's nice I would like to have one in every vehicle and one or two for the house. I use the OKC machete now but I like the idea of the parang style blade.

Chopped up some green fallen maple and alder trees today - 3 to 4 inches thick. Did a good job of it, although it took longer and more work than sawing through them with a gas powered chain saw pruner.

Do you have/use one of those pruning saws?

Like such:

Japanese Pruning Saw - Garrett Wade

We have a fixed blade version similar to above (knock off-Coleman branded). Makes real quick cuts, especially if softer/live wood.

I have a bow saw, but I don't use it. I use this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I like a Strong blade and well thought out Grip, most store bought stuff didn't have what I liked, if they did, was too expensive so I built a 2X72" belt grinder, a couple forges and now make Exactly what I want. BUSSE was the main contributor to my dislike of over priced blades.
CRKT makes some decent blades for the $$, Value is something we all seek and rarely find this day and age.

Yeah, I got mine Monday - two of them in a large box with no packing. :rolleyes:

Not that they were damaged, but I can see why Amazon makes no profit - their shipping practices are poor. The box was about 90% dead air - you could put another 50 parangs in it.

I know they are all about speed and volume (and low cost and working their warehouse people half to death) but they have been in business for 23 years now and I think they would have learned by now how to make a decent profit on their retail sales and how to pack things for shipping - it is their computing services that are propping up their profits.

No sweat off my brow - I am pleased to get some value goods and services from them, but I am not impressed by how they ship things - from my perspective anyway.

CRKT makes a fine blade. I got the M16 a bout ten years ago on clearance at Walmart for like $13, I noticed they're still making them and sell for around $40. They're a good little blade.

Reminds me, I should sharpen my knives tonight.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now. Got it on sale on Amazon for $25 - which I could not pass up (normal price is $45). If it goes on sale again I will buy a couple more.
View attachment 342081

I've had this on my Amazon wishlist ever since you first posted on it. The price has hovered around $45-48 for six months. Noticed today that it had dropped back to $26 so I ordered one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top