JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is due on Wednesday, and I have a price alert set up for if they go on sale again. If it's nice I would like to have one in every vehicle and one or two for the house. I use the OKC machete now but I like the idea of the parang style blade.

Chopped up some green fallen maple and alder trees today - 3 to 4 inches thick. Did a good job of it, although it took longer and more work than sawing through them with a gas powered chain saw pruner.

Do you have/use one of those pruning saws?

Like such:

Japanese Pruning Saw - Garrett Wade

We have a fixed blade version similar to above (knock off-Coleman branded). Makes real quick cuts, especially if softer/live wood.

I have a bow saw, but I don't use it. I use this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I like a Strong blade and well thought out Grip, most store bought stuff didn't have what I liked, if they did, was too expensive so I built a 2X72" belt grinder, a couple forges and now make Exactly what I want. BUSSE was the main contributor to my dislike of over priced blades.
CRKT makes some decent blades for the $$, Value is something we all seek and rarely find this day and age.

Yeah, I got mine Monday - two of them in a large box with no packing. :rolleyes:

Not that they were damaged, but I can see why Amazon makes no profit - their shipping practices are poor. The box was about 90% dead air - you could put another 50 parangs in it.

I know they are all about speed and volume (and low cost and working their warehouse people half to death) but they have been in business for 23 years now and I think they would have learned by now how to make a decent profit on their retail sales and how to pack things for shipping - it is their computing services that are propping up their profits.

No sweat off my brow - I am pleased to get some value goods and services from them, but I am not impressed by how they ship things - from my perspective anyway.

CRKT makes a fine blade. I got the M16 a bout ten years ago on clearance at Walmart for like $13, I noticed they're still making them and sell for around $40. They're a good little blade.

Reminds me, I should sharpen my knives tonight.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now. Got it on sale on Amazon for $25 - which I could not pass up (normal price is $45). If it goes on sale again I will buy a couple more.
View attachment 342081

I've had this on my Amazon wishlist ever since you first posted on it. The price has hovered around $45-48 for six months. Noticed today that it had dropped back to $26 so I ordered one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top