JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fraction of a second is all it takes.
With cops they are always at the disadvantage. They have to hold, and live by the law. Bad guys shoot first, without regard or conscience for others including women and children.

What a lucky SOB... reload from cover, dude.... and don't fumble your reload..

Glad the good guy made it (by the grace of God alone) and the bad guy bit it.

If "the lord" was micromanaging every little thing, there wouldn't have been an incident like this in the first place, not to this officer or any other.

Doc, that is off concept of What God Does to guard us...

I have Worked for GOD, since 1969, a Chaplin's Assistant on Two Continents.

I have looked down the barrel of a 12 Guage, as it was Pumped and watched the Trigger get Pulled... In a house where no gun is left unloaded...

Only GOD took care of me... The same person pulling the trigger was so Amazed, AND Angered....

She reached into a drawer... Pulling out a 38 Derringer... Cocked the Hammer, dropped it with the Trigger.
Only GOD took care of me... No bad sounds other than her Foul Mouth...

I had ~Only Helped her~ my wife and I, that is... Leave an Abusive boyfriend... We did not understand that she would return to him over & over....

I learned that later, when she came to trade a Gun for Gas Money...

Only GOD took care of me... I made a Hundred Bucks on the purchase, and her boyfriend knew if he wanted the Gun he would pay my price!!!

And, Only GOD takes care of me...

philip :D

One of those resentful anti-God types, eh?
The guy was simply pointing out the logical fallacy in that line of that. He's not the one who brought religion into a conversation about self-defense and all this ridiculous "Hands up; don't shoot!" BS.

As for me, I'll thank the ineptitude and lack of firearms proficiency on the part of the criminal as well as the officer's levelheadedness and reaction time.

That said, two points:

1. Most importantly, how fortunate we are that the officer put the guy down... and had film covering his bubblegum.

2. Watch the film again around 0:45 seconds in. Officer attempts a tactical reload (I don't think he emptied his mag), but courtesy of our friend adrenaline, fumbles it, drops the mag, and has to grab another. If he was still getting shot at, this could have been a bad, bad situation.

I think I'll go practice some reloading drills now!

Considering all the things that had, and were going on before, during, and after, the BG stopped and exited the car, I'd say the cop did a great job. He went home that night, the other guy didn't. No doubt he was pumping gallons of adrenalin, he did what he had to do and survived. And, he'll relive that moment, those seconds, for the rest of his life.

When I put my defensive tactics glasses on, he looks like a total dope. But when I put my I've-never-been-in-a-gunfight-myself glasses on, I just say "mission accomplished!"

We can MMQB all we want, but the man earned his paycheck that night.

...when I put my I've-never-been-in-a-gunfight-myself glasses on, I just say "mission accomplished!" We can MMQB all we want, but the man earned his paycheck that night.

...He went home that night, the other guy didn't. No doubt he was pumping gallons of adrenalin, he did what he had to do and survived...

Agreed wholeheartedly. It's not my intent to lambast the guy as much as look at it as a insightful, instructive moment for the rest of us.

At the end of the day, he was able to do what needed to be done, and we aren't asking "what if?"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top