JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Dad picked up a 10/22 and a scope both of them were used. We sighted it in and it shot great for quite a while. It became my wifes gun and she loves it. She would shoot 12guage shells all day then one day we went shooting and It was like 8" high and 3" right and wont adjust at all... Its a bushnell sportview 3-9x32. It was beat up when he got it. We mounted it and it zeroed right in for me. That I know of it hasnt been dropped or even transported with out a case since our initial zero. Its the only gun my wife shoots so when its out of the case shes basically holding it all the time... I also experienced this with a tasco 4 power a while back. Im just curios if any one else has experienced this and how common it is I guess. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Brandon:confused:

That is a made in china Bushnell. Almost the bottom of the Bushy line. For a lower price scope I like the banner, never had one go bad, but the Elite are very nice. People buy the $30 Bushnell and they break, therefor they all must suck.

When it comes to glass, you definitely get what you pay for.

I have had this Nikon PROSTAFF 3-9 Rimfire BDC 150 on my 10/22 for over a year now and love it. 3 of my duddies who tried it out now own the same scope on their 22 plinker's as well.
Very clear, Parallax set at 50 yards and the BDC let's you dial in your ammo to the rifle. It's all under $200 too.

I've broken a Bushnell scope before. Managed to knock a lense loose due to recoil.

If you've already tried to adjust it and can't, it's likely the scope, but be sure to check your scope mount, rings, and stock screw to make sure everything is tight.

I had my 10/22 groups really open up on me once when the stock screw came loose, and the action was able to jump around in the stock. It pays to double check everything, just to be safe.

more recently I had an experience with a scope suddenly 'going bad'....suddenly lost the zero and was having wandering POI....
of course, a little inspection showed the mounting bolt had loosened somehow on me, so it was quickly remedied....after an awkwardly longish moment of ...'what the....????'...........

I remember buying sportview scopes back in the 80's they were cheap then and just as bad today
I like some bushnells specifically the old scopechiefs
I will never put another sport view on a rifle I need to depend on.

OP hasn't been logged in since 2013........

BUT, I run a Bushnell Banner Elite on my 77/22 WMR and it's held zero for years.

I have used Nikon's PROSTAFF 3-9x40 Rimfire BDC 150 scope on 2 10/22's and love it. The BDC let's you dial in the ammo you are using wwith the scope to shoot past your zero accurately. We have plinked steel crows at 200 yards using Spot On Ballistic Program and the BDC reticle. Nikon has a new P-Tactical Rimfire scope coming out in a month that should fit your needs perfectly. You can choose between a moa reticle or the BDC. There is no plastic on this new optic and it should come in under $180. If you have any question's drop me a note and I'll do my best to answer them.

IMG_0118.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads