Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crappy scope or what?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by OregonPlinker, May 20, 2012.

1. OregonPlinker

OregonPlinker Creswell, Or Active Member

My Dad picked up a 10/22 and a scope both of them were used. We sighted it in and it shot great for quite a while. It became my wifes gun and she loves it. She would shoot 12guage shells all day then one day we went shooting and It was like 8" high and 3" right and wont adjust at all... Its a bushnell sportview 3-9x32. It was beat up when he got it. We mounted it and it zeroed right in for me. That I know of it hasnt been dropped or even transported with out a case since our initial zero. Its the only gun my wife shoots so when its out of the case shes basically holding it all the time... I also experienced this with a tasco 4 power a while back. Im just curios if any one else has experienced this and how common it is I guess. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Brandon:confused:

2. .40cal EMT

.40cal EMT Portland, OR Member

I've a nikon on my .300win mag, can't complain for what it is, and in the time I've used it its been a champ. I also have let it take the recoil form rounds so I can't complain

3. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

Buy a nikon or leupold scope I prefer nikon and clean the the gun

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

The old made in the USA Bushnells were GTG, but today I would buy a Nikon instead, IF it were manufactured in Japan

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Dead scope, replace with a Mueller APV, best rimfire scope on the market.

6. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

That is a made in china Bushnell. Almost the bottom of the Bushy line. For a lower price scope I like the banner, never had one go bad, but the Elite are very nice. People buy the $30 Bushnell and they break, therefor they all must suck.

When it comes to glass, you definitely get what you pay for.

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

--dp

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Osprey; US parts, assembled in China; lots of scope for the $$. More for a long range weapon; Osprey 10-40x50mm Long Range Tactical Scope - YouTube

$225.00 with decent 30mm mounts.

Of course it is no Nightforce, but for a $150 it does great; I have two, may sell one as I am more into short range shooting. The turrets are easy to manipulate and sight in, unlike other low dollar scopes I have had.

9. bman940

bman940 N. Texas New Member

I have had this Nikon PROSTAFF 3-9 Rimfire BDC 150 on my 10/22 for over a year now and love it. 3 of my duddies who tried it out now own the same scope on their 22 plinker's as well.
    Very clear, Parallax set at 50 yards and the BDC let's you dial in your ammo to the rifle. It's all under $200 too.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/22rimfire.jpg