JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
26 Aug 2021: My receipt from the Permitium organization was dated 16 July 2021 but they apparently haven't begun to "work on" my application. How long has it been taking ? It used to be a visit to downtown Tacoma but once there it was quick.
Jake35

Mine in 2018 was around four weeks, but my gf's in February of this year surprisingly took less time at around three weeks. We are in Clark County, but hers went through the police and mine went through the Sheriff. The Sheriff's office is slower with pistol background checks too.

I'm not up for renewal for a couple years but trying to get fingerprinted for a FL CPL is hard. They require police to do it, but I can't find a place to do it. Either booked out a year or require you to live in their jurisdiction. Anyone know a place?

Seattle PD was helpful on the phone. Sent me an email link to renewal PDF which I filled out and sent in with my check and about 3.5 weeks later, the laminated card was sent to me.

I'm not up for renewal for a couple years but trying to get fingerprinted for a FL CPL is hard. They require police to do it, but I can't find a place to do it. Either booked out a year or require you to live in their jurisdiction. Anyone know a place?
I'm curious why you'd want a FL permit. It doesn't have much reciprocity. Is it just for travel to FL?

26 Aug 2021: My receipt from the Permitium organization was dated 16 July 2021 but they apparently haven't begun to "work on" my application. How long has it been taking ? It used to be a visit to downtown Tacoma but once there it was quick.
Jake35
Got this off of their website. Keep in mind that when they say 30 or 60 days they mean business days. So, 8/30 or 10/11 depending on your situation.
"In accordance with RCW 9.41.070, we will issue a concealed pistol license to an eligible person residing in this state within 30 days after the submission of a completed application. If the applicant does not have a valid Washington state driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of Washington for the previous consecutive ninety days, we shall have up to 60 days after the submission of a concealed pistol license application to process and issue the license to an eligible person."

I've been experiencing the exact same thing in Pierce County. I applied for my renewal on 7/21 and it still has not even been assigned to a processor. I've sent numerous emails and have also spoken with someone at the front desk on the telephone twice. Long story short, they've been unable to provide ANY answers or ETA. It's pretty pathetic that they are blatantly ignoring RCW 9.41.070 that The_Atom referenced in the post above. Not only are they way past the 30 day period, they are also in non-compliance with another subsection that states permit holders may apply for a renewal as early as 90 days before the expiration of their current license. However, South Sound 911 refuses to accept any applications that are more than 30 days from the expiration of the license. Apparently the RCWs only apply to citizens and not the government or any organization tied to it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews