JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My nephew took a scope into his UPS store to have them package it and ship it to me and was told the couldn't ship it because it was a gun part.

Liberal counter person or is there really a rule against this?
Weird...

Edit:
I just drove to Salem, took my nephew out to lunch and had a great conversation. Overall it turned out to be a good thing. God must have known I needed a road trip, I've been stuck at home a lot lately recovering from a carpal tunnel surgery. Thanks for the thoughts for future shipping deals...

Last Edited:
Horsepuckey!
1609867782414.png

My nephew took a scope into his UPS store to have them package it and ship it to me and was told the couldn't ship it because it was a gun part.

Liberal counter person or is there really a rule against this?
Weird...

Maybe the rules of the store owner.

It's their store.

Maybe they don't package cameras or binoculars, either.

Shipping on the UPS app or even on their website is very easy. You can weigh, measure the package's dimensions, and print your label at home. It's literally what they'd do at the ups store. I avoid interacting with UPS store employees at all costs for this very reason.

Simple solution: Pack it at home and don't tell them what's in the box.
Last time I was asked was because I was using same day shipping to Germany. (It was a guitar processor, going to a festival in Germany for a major band. I sold it for an obscene amount for what it was, but I apparently had the only one for sale at the time in the world) But I expect that when the shipping bill is in the thousands for a 10 pound box. (Also I was using a German corporate account to pay for it.)

Only reason he brought it there was he didn't have the packaging at home. I'll just head down there and get it from him and buy him lunch. Road trip...

Weird question, but what exactly did your nephew say and how? You know, people babble, and aren't clear.... So maybe he though he was saying "scope" but what what was understood was "laser powered sniper killer glass that will fry your heart from 1000 a miles with 50 cal armor piercing bullits!"

Gun stuff=machine parts.
Scope=candles (fragile, protect from heat/cold)
Ammo=ammo (don't mess w HazMat laws)
Knives=tools
Web gear=clothing

This. I always say its tools or machine parts when shipping firearm related stuff.

Go to FedEx. Open an account and card, feel very welcome at every single one of them, AND you get a discount on shipping. They don't even freak out about anything. Very professional.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top