JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Much as I dislike our inefficient USPS...I take full advantage of the priority box shipping.
I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes. Then pack whatever I want (legal stuff) in the smallest box it will fit....print the label at home...schedule a pick up on line for my normal mail carrier and put it in the mail box or porch. Puff ... its gone. No trips to a shipping site, no BS questions. Shipped a scope yesterday off the f porch. Hope this helps

Only reason he brought it there was he didn't have the packaging at home.
Much as I dislike our inefficient USPS...I take full advantage of the priority box shipping.
I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes.
Yes. I haven't seen too many scopes that won't fit in a USPS flat rate box. Probably cheaper than UPS anyway. Some crumpled newspaper or shopping bags as cushion and you're good to go.

I use UPS to ship guns mostly, but that is at the customer service centers only....they do a nice job. The local UPS franchises...I stay clear of...takes forever, ask to many question, charge too much. but then that's JMHO from experience.

I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes. Then pack whatever I want (legal stuff) in the smallest box it will fit....print the label at home...schedule a pick up on line for my normal mail carrier and put it in the mail box or porch. Puff ... its gone. No trips to a shipping site, no BS questions. Shipped a scope yesterday off the f porch. Hope this helps
You can have those same free boxes delivered to your house for free as well.

I have gotten anvils in priority flat rate boxes. And most recently 2 thousand .44 bullets. (Not loaded ammunition, just bullets) I like my postman so I give him a heads up when I ordered something deceptively small and heavy via USPS. It goes a long way to give the heads up.

10 years ago I had a Saiga shotgun with obscured gas ports (par for the course) and needed warranty work. Izmash contracted Cadiz in OH to do the work: they also sent me a label for UPS. Packed it up in a case and took it to a UPS store. Person behind the counter swore up and down they couldn't send guns even to an FFL.

That's when I educated myself and swore off storefront locations. Now I stick to customer service centers, drivers in trucks, or scheduled pickups.

To be clear, was the facility a UPS Store, like at a strip mall, and not a UPS facility? The UPS Store is a franchise with weird rules. UPS picks up packages from The UPS Store.

P

Go to FedEx. Open an account and card, feel very welcome at every single one of them, AND you get a discount on shipping. They don't even freak out about anything. Very professional.

Lol not true. I shipped a rifle from the Tanasbourne last year, and the soy boy at the counter freaked the bubblegum out. Genuine fear and panic in his eyes. I came in with the rifle fully boxed up, not slung over my shoulder or anything. Called the manager, who apoogized and smoothed things over.

My nephew took a scope into his UPS store to have them package it and ship it to me and was told the couldn't ship it because it was a gun part.

Liberal counter person or is there really a rule against this?
Weird...
I had the same problem. Called local P.O. and said no problem. I did package it myself and sent it at my local P.O. I did insure it as requested and was costly.

I just drove to Salem, took my nephew out to lunch and had a great conversation. Overall it turned out to be a good thing. God must have known I needed a road trip, I've been stuck at home a lot lately recovering from a carpal tunnel surgery. Thanks for the thoughts for future shipping deals...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top