JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a matte fixed power recently, and I also have a 4-16 from the 80s or early 90s . Nothing broken, just looking a little worn .

Thinking about having them both freshened up, especially the fixed since it's not mounted on anything yet.
Is this expensive ? Is the wait time long? Do I try calling or emailing, or should I have my local Smith do the leg work?

Anyone have recent experiences?

I love Leopold. Let me tell you an off-topic story about them.

When I was about 24 and a young husband and father (read that broke) I bought a new 2x7 Leopold Gold Ring scope for my deer rifle. A huge splurge.

On the first day out I slipped in the snow and went flat on my back - right onto that scope. It crushed the primary lens and bent the tube.

I was working in Beaverton at the time and I took that scope to Leopold hoping for help. The very nice man took the scope and promised to fix it - no charge.

About a week later I got a call from a secretary to come and get my scope. She handed me a BRAND NEW scope in the box and told me to have a nice day.

I have never bought any scope other than Leopold since. BTW it's still on my Ruger .270, right where it's always been.

Cheers.

Something to think about is to change the reticle. It's not that expensive and when they take it apart to install the reticle, they will clean everything up.
If you dont change your ammo, I'd recommend having them make a BDC reticle specific for your set up.

Something to think about is to change the reticle. It's not that expensive and when they take it apart to install the reticle, they will clean everything up.
If you dont change your ammo, I'd recommend having them make a BDC reticle specific for your set up.
Custom BDC reticles were done away with about two years ago, FYI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top