JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who would like to help launch a monthly IDPA match near salem/albany ???
Would like a assemble a core group to make this happen..... What are your thoughts? From just Yes I wanna shoot the match and test myself to Hell yes I can come early and hedlp set up to I can help Tear Down and even better BOTH.

Let me know
Thanks

what the regulations on pistols length? i only have a ruger lc9 at the moment would it be allowable? i looked on the site and have heard many different answers.

Tri co. Has a match Sunday that would be a place to see and get all questions asked. I will be going and see how they got their matches started... It been awhile since I shot idpa at drrc and I saw people using full size and small back up guns. I shot cdp class with an colt officers.

This should answer a lot of the above ?

Before the 1996 formation of the International Defensive Pistol Association, there was no place to compete and hone one's skill with equipment designed for and suitable for self-defense. Other shooting sports are just that: Competitive sports with no relevance to self-defense. IDPA offers an exciting forum for practical shooters in which truly practical equipment, techniques and courses of fire are mandated.

IDPA as a sport is quite simply the use of practical equipment including full-charge service ammunition to solve simulated "real world" self-defense scenarios. Shooters competing in IDPA events are required to use practical handguns and holsters that are truly suitable for self-defense use. No "competition only" equipment is permitted in IDPA matches, since that would defeat the main goal of testing the skill and ability of an individual, versus his equipment or gamesmanship.

IDPA matches typically require the use of a service-type pistol or revolver of 9 mm/.38 Special or lager caliber. If your handgun is suitable for self-defense use, it will probably be competitive for IDPA matches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top