JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a quick access safe or console insert type safe, but I do keep a secured lock box in the car for those rare times I have to leave my gun behind. It's perhaps not as secure as a safe, but considering most crimes like this are smash and grab, I don't tend to worry. Any attempt to take this box or get it open would require tools and at least a couple minute's work, which I don't see happening in a busy place like a park.

That has always been my "take on this stuff". Kind of like a safe for the home. Most can't have a vault like some local bank. So to me anything is better that the old gun rack we used to see. Putting the guns on display to grab. Now if I was king and made all the rules this would be something that would seldom happen since I would make sure the criminal paid. Since that's not happening I too try to take some precautions. The idea being that "hopefully" if a gun is a little harder to get I may only come back to find a broken window but gun still there. Too bad we can't have public caning for thieves here. That would slow some of this down a little. :D

If I do have to leave it in the car, I never leave it in the console or the glove box.
YEP!! When one Son in law married one daughter I showed him this for the home. They had a gun for the home. No safe and it was laying on a nightstand. I told him this was asking for it. Said you notice when you come to my house you don't see guns laying about. Took him around the apartment and showed him some good spots that were super simple for them to get the gun but doubtful a thief would find it. Master bedroom being worst place. In a car the glove and or console is of course first place searched.

We have all done it. We have all left a gun in the car at one time or another. Probably should not have, but we have. If I leave a gun in the car now, then there is some kind of major issue with what I am doing, since I do not go places where I cannot care a gun. I carry guns into rock concerts all the time. I carry them to events that have a lot of liberal types, ( work, not by choice)

If I am fishing, I have 2 guns on me usually. Hell, I usually have two guns on me all the time anyway. It is a well know fact that those types of areas are ripoff targets, so I really do not know WTF he was thinking about leaving it there. I had to leave a gun in the car at the airport recently. I choose one of my sub compact .380s, wrapped up in an oil cloth, wrapped in a tool pouch under the back compartment in an Explorer. I got it out first thing on getting back and at least had a weapon for the drive home. If it had been stolen, I would have reported it, scolded myself for stupidity and then went right to the gun shop and bought a replacement, and repaired my vehicle.

At home, I have guns in every room and in a safe. I also have a good alarm system that works very well. I have cameras also. I used to have work vehicles that had thousands of dollars in tools in them. I left them in hotel parking lots, in airport parking lots, at job sites. I got hit a couple times at the job sites and finally went to containers to store everything. If I was doing that now I would have locator telemetry devices with movement alarms hour specified or activation specified. My dash cams turn on when I open the door and stay on for 5 minutes after I shut the rig off.

Just assume your vehicle if left unattended is going to get broken into, especially at a park in the Portland area.

Took him around the apartment and showed him some good spots that were super simple for them to get the gun but doubtful a thief would find it.

I have one behind the laundry detergent boxes in the laundry room which is a back door entry. Another in a hollowed out book in a book case, one in a hidden compartment I built in my bed headboard, one in a file cabinet with a bunch of computer cables around it. Now I have to kill you all for telling you where they are. There are more,but those remain secure.

I try not to be more than 3 paces from one at home, IF I do not have one on me. Once you have criminal tweakers roll up on you on your property unannounced you will know what I mean.

we all know its better to stow the gun in a lock box but the idea that this guy makes us look bad because a thug smashed in a window and searched the car and stole a gun is preposterous and what gets us "safe" storage laws. The gun was stowed properly and the car was locked.

I put a Hornady 2600 safe cabled under my seat. It operates on RFID and I can open it in 3 seconds. I too had heard the report that he left it on the dash, and if he did he should be fired. Even the unlocked console was stupid but at least it was out of sight. You know the call to his superior was probably the hardest phone call he's ever made! He's gonna be the post goat for a while.

Hmmmm I just got new neighbors on both sides of me in the last few months.on one side I got two women.mmmmmm on the other side I got.WSP witch one should I try to be friends with lol first lol I already met the women the state patrol just moved in two days ago

I haven't really looked up close but I think they all leave there guns in there Cars IMAG1018.jpg IMAG1020.jpg

My Clam Diving friend in Garibaldi found an Officers side arm in the bay while bagging clams, still has it in his shop, it seems the officer was jerking around and dropped it over board, Dummy.

Well when I walk out to my car I can look into this WSP car and see a barrel of a AR OR MINI 14 BETWEEN THE SEATS STICKING IN THE AIR

Granted I live in a city and neighbor hood that has very little crime but we do have car break ins and car prowling hell why take the chance I know they have to be able to go at a moment's notice but at least take the gun in your house when I go to the range I don't stop and go to the gas station with my guns in the car mmmmmmm if I did and my gun 's got stolen they would be all over me

Hmmmm I just got new neighbors on both sides of me in the last few months.on one side I got two women.mmmmmm on the other side I got.WSP witch one should I try to be friends with lol first lol I already met the women the state patrol just moved in two days ago

Hmm, If ya work IT right you may create a Piece officer, not the same as a Peace officer, after all, even lady cops need some Lov'in too. Whatever happens in the cruiser stays in the cruiser.... They say....

Hmm, If ya work IT right you may create a Piece officer, not the same as a Peace officer, after all, even lady cops need some Lov'in too. Whatever happens in the cruiser stays in the cruiser.... They say....
Lol you misunderstood I got two new women neighbors on one side and a new WSP ON THE OTHER SIDE he's a guy lol

Why not both? You should be friends with the lady's, ya never know when they might need you for something. Plus, you can help encourage gun rights with them. The officer, well, be friends with him too. You might need him for something. Not that it can't be vice versa, but ya know having an officer buddy can come in handy. Maybe shoot some full autos? Idk let your imagination run wild! Sounds like good neighbors to honest folk.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top