JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
heres a thought...removing the NY trigger spring from their glocks and return it to normal may increase accuracy. just sayin.

On the other side of the country you have an Austin, TX. law enforcement officer holding the reins of two horses in one hand, manage to take down a crazed gunman using only his service pistol at over 106 yards away.

Last Edited:
Do you suppose that, in light of the recent shooting events, they may have been missing on purpose? Of course that only means the groups such as Black Lives' Matter will be calling for attempted murder charges. :rolleyes:

I really feel for our law enforcement community. They see the worst in America and do their best in what is often a thankless job. But add to that the latest media hyped and POTUS endorsed bubblegum and it must be really hard to give a shat and just simply look the other way.

Do you suppose that, in light of the recent shooting events, they may have been missing on purpose? Of course that only means the groups such as Black Lives' Matter will be calling for attempted murder charges. :rolleyes:

I really feel for our law enforcement community. They see the worst in America and do their best in what is often a thankless job. But add to that the latest media hyped and POTUS endorsed bubblegum and it must be really hard to give a shat and just simply look the other way.

Here's my outlook on that...that is a job they pursued, they weren't forced into it. They had an understanding of what it is but decided to sign up anyway. I have no sympathy for them! If they screw up, I hold them responsible for it because you better believe they will hold you and I responsible for anything and everything you do and then some. I've had interactions with good/upstanding officers and also the bad eggs. If they can't hack it, they need to get a different job.

NYPD cops, IIRC, only get firearms training once a year unless they're on special detail like ESU (what they call swat teams) or stake out details. With over 10,000 cops and only a handful of firearms trainers - they don't have the man power or ammo budget to get proper training. Political BS. So the admin's solution, knowing their cops are going to be piss poor shots except for the relatively few "gun guys" in that agency - heavy triggers on their guns because they know their cops have piss poor gun handling skills and probably run around with fingers on the trigger. Having a stock 5.5lb trigger in their Glocks, they'd be fielding a hundred workers comp claims a day for self-inflicted gunshot wounds as the butter fingered cops jam a finger in the trigger guard as soon as it clears the leather.

Remember it was the mid 90's before they even switched from 6 shot K-frame revolvers (I think it was K-frames, might've been L-frames?) with .38 Wadcutter ammo. And it wasn't until after the Diallo shooting that they switched to hollowpoint ammo from 115 grain ball ammo.

They won't budget enough to have each cop shooting a couple hundred rounds every 3-4 months. From some of the articles I've read by NYPD firearms trainers, they typically get one or two days of in-service firearms training at most per year.

The citizens of NY would be just as well served by taking away the NYPD beat cops guns and replacing them with nerf guns or tazers - take the British model and have special armed response units. Or the mayor and the police commissioner can each grow a sack and tell the citizens and city council that they need to triple the budgeted money for firearms training unit, hire/promote more trainers, and buy a crap ton more ammo so the cops actually get some real basic training and stop endangering the lives of the citizenry. NYPD is looked at as a beacon for the law enforcement community but just as often it's the butt of many sad jokes because they seem to kill or injure bystanders at more than double the rate of people who need killing or injuring. Their retarded 12lb trigger mandate is part of the problem, but that can be overcome rather easily with proper training. When I was younger and pursuing a LE career - I was looking at applying all over the country - and I remember that the Ohio Highway Patrol issued DAO Sig P220 or 226's with a 12lb DAO trigger - and part of their physical test was handing you an unloaded gun and you had to squeeze the trigger something like 10 times in 2 seconds. If your grip was so weak you couldn't do it - you didn't get hired. And they spent a good deal of time in the academy and every year thereafter making sure you could shoot. I don't recall ever hearing of an Ohio trooper or group of them emptying their ammo allotment and not hitting their target, let alone busting 84 caps and only making contact once.

You can overcome crap equipment with good training, but the best equipment cannot compensate for crap training.

My unit used to sponsor local FBI marksmanship training on Camp Bullis, Tx (early 90s). They usually trained on a 25 meter pistol range which provided 6 foot wide target frames; built out of 2x4s that would slide into 4" PVC pipes, and they were designed to hold two full-size E type silhouettes (side by side).

The FBI would completely demolish the frames and do minimal damage to the targets with their .40s very time...:s0038:

But when DOE came to train, it was an entirely different story.

A "running gun battle." Not having opted for the 870 = incompetence and lack of appropriate mind-set. At least they got him. So much for the male egos....female cops got him.....it was probably the red pants! Hysterical!

Bullets go where you aim them ,Not where you wish them to go.
Thats what the Army taught me.:)

Clown show.................................... 84 rounds is a crime

Last Edited:
Wow, easy on the LEO's! Maybe the perp was good at dodging the lead.
Yeah, maybe the cops were trying to curve their boolets too.

Seriously tho, this story reflects what the antis say about private handgun use for defensive purposes...a citizen is more likely to shoot his weewee off, or the weewee of an innocent bystander than the perp.

There was also the black girl in downtown that the cop's lit up thinking she was someone else back in 03 or 04 if I remember right.

Then again we have the Dorner. 103 rounds at the WRONG Vehicle ????
http://www.thewire.com/national/201...nnocent-women-103-times-wont-be-fired/357771/

The sick part of that is this, and why it will continue to happen.

"The eight Los Angeles police officers who shot at two women over 100 times will not lose their jobs. They won't even be suspended. They'll just get some additional training."

Hopefully marksmanship, target identification, and a week of 15 hour days covering the constitution and how it applies to them...

Or 15 hours on judicious flipping of ground beef patties and how to properly ask if they want fries with that...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top