JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You aren't constrained by policy, youre constrained by the law. Big difference. As much as I like to see any dirtbag get his, this isn't the movies and "good guys" lose quite often.

You still haven't answered about how your comment that. ANY private citizen can dead with any tweeker. Watch videos about excited delirium and think if your average person that you run into is either physically or tactically able to deal with that and NOT violate the tweekers rights.
....well, you've got me there
No, you're right. But "average" people suck <broken link removed> .
Cool story bro. :s0093:

No, I totally believe you. I just think its stupid like 99% of the other crap I see on a daily basis. It is entertaining though.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, construction sights in southern California can get pretty interesting. Cops are not the only people who have to deal with human wretchedness. Some people have to live around and with it every day, and they aren't getting paid to do it. I suppose it is out of the question, but I've always thought it would be interesting to see what things might be like if cops were required to live in the neighborhoods that they "work for".

You're right. SOME people probably don't need too much help. Asian communities are one of them. They pretty much police their selves and no one snitches. Asians never snitch.
[/QUOTE]
You're tellin' me? I witnessed the Asian invasion in so cal.; in the San Gabriel Valley in particular. The first wave were genuine hard working people. Back in the 70s, the grand parents were still wearing traditional dress (we used to call 'em facny PJs) and braids down to the knees. It was cool and I made many friends who taught me a lot about the culture. But now, everything is over developed with as many buildings that can be slammed on a postage stamp property (for the right price to city hall). There are nail salons, bridal shops, and massage parlors on every other block, along with Fancy restaurants that never seem to be open (but stay in business). Fronts, all of them. There is a one mile strip in Temple City that had over twenty bridal shops alone, in addition to the parlors and salons. All laundering and fronts for gambling and prostitution. What can I say, I've spent a few years over seas, and I know what I see when I see it.

Think of this tidbit...there are are around one million commissioned LEOs in this country. Each of them works, on average, 174 hours per month. Well reduce that to 160 hours for report writing time. Thats almost 2 BILLION hours of policing in the US each year. If every call was this huge escalated mess like you allude to, the US should have no one left in a few weeks, right?
[/QUOTE]
I sympathize (sincerely) on the report writing burden, but... riddle me this commissioner;), with all those available man hours, why haven't the cops done anything, in twenty years about what I described down in SGV. And since I left there it has spread all over the five county area. Something just ain't right

Swing and a miss...again. Its called due process. I think I saw it written in the constitution once. People can be so level headed and smart when they are pizzed off, nothing bad could ever happen. Salem witch trials anyone?
[/QUOTE]
True that. Happens to the best of us, even the cops. Look, I agree that the wins on LE's part far out weigh the fumbles, I cannot deny this. I am not anti LE in spite of how I come off. I grew up around cops and was even mentored by one (the short story is on another post of mine somewhere). But no one, but NO ONE every bats a 1.000... ever. Shyte, in baseball, even the best of the best are lucky to break a .400 average. Growing up around cops (intimately, lifetime friends and family), I know the mindset all too well, and I also know how advantageous it can be to live within "the circle" and how that circle can turn on you when one doesn't comply with the social program. I think where much of the animosity culminates within society is that there is this assertion that is pushed on the people that LE can do no wrong. It doesn't matter how many wins you have; it's that one fumble that gets people hungry for blood. That is just the nature of people and society, and a reality of the job. The people want to see a hanging. Granted, things often get distorted by the media, and people were indeed "not there" when shyte went down. But no one bats a thousand ever, and the public has yet to see anyone (or at least enough genuine LE fumblers) get hanged. The last major one that I can recall in LA was the guy in the Rampart scandal, and even he got placed in protective custody instead of the general population. Due process provides that all suspects are innocent...yaddah, yaddah... well, it seems that where LE are concerned some people are a little more "equal" than others. I call BS on that.

Agreed. For the immediatly necessary and objectively reasonable personal protection. Not just whacking jimmy with a shovel for stepping on wet concrete.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, Jimmy was one of the guys who helped carry the guy to his truck. Jimmy's dad was a narco detective for LA County Sheriffs Dept., heavy offenders bureau. Taught Jimmy and me our street smarts. What he taught me would save my life when I hit my teens and got stuck in stupid gear. You can imagine how I felt when I saw his name in the papers. Det. Narcisso Ernesto Reaza got busted with a dozen or so others from his unit for some serious, serious stuff. All but two (Jim's dad being one of those two) got some heavy federal time. Jimmy always told me that he was crooked, I never believed it though, I just thought he was sadistic from the stories I'd overhear he and his buddies tell at the BBQs and poker nights. I could tell you some interesting stories (well maybe not to a cop) about growing up around that family. Known them for forty years. The whole thing is a matter of public record, happened around '89 to about '93. PM me If you're curious.

Its not in the governments hands except for globally and to secure our sovereignty. Its been ruled by the SCOTUS that the job of law enforcement is to neither serve nor protect. Its to enforce the law. You are free to protect yourself from any imminent threat with necessary and objectively reasonable force.
[/QUOTE]
Sure would be nice to see "the law" enforced on some bigger fish, but like I said originally, I suppose it takes a bit more collective intellect. And, of course, they know better to bite the hand that feeds them, If they did, they could actually end up wearing a tighter political leash. What can I say, I'm not the one doing the hiring, and I didn't vote for the ones that hired them.

So, do your people never win? Are you a Green Party guy/gal/non binary, or a Libertarian?[/QUOTE]
On paper, I'm a registered Libertarian, but usually, I just vote for who ever seems to be the least full of s*yte. Nope, they never win. They can't afford it. Our ellected leaders are truly the best that (corporate) money can buy. Good conversing with you... sincerely.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews