JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Detroit police officers fight each other in undercover op gone wrong

DETROIT (WJBK) - A case of the good guys going after the good guys.

There is now an Detroit Police Department internal investigation into two different precincts getting into their own turf war as they converge on an east side neighborhood.

Neighbors who live on Andover on Detroit's east side will be the first to tell you this area is known for constant drug activity.

DETROIT%20POLICE%20CAR%20CLEAN_1484668013892_2548482_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Detroit police file photo
"(It is) definitely drug problem for years, it has been a drug problem," said one resident. "I don't think anyone can stop it."

On Thursday Detroit police certainly tried, but maybe too hard.

Sources say it started when two special ops officers from the 12th Precinct were operating a "push off" on Andover near Seven Mile. That is when two undercover officers pretend to be dope dealers, waiting for eager customers to approach, arresting potential buyers and seizing their vehicles.

But this time instead of customers - special ops officers from the 11th Precinct showed up. Not realizing they were fellow officers, they ordered the other undercover officers to the ground.

FOX 2 is told the rest of the special ops team from the 12th Precinct showed up, and officers began raiding the drug house in the 19300 block of Andover. But instead of fighting crime, officers from both precincts began fighting with each other.

Sources say guns were drawn and punches were thrown while the homeowner stood and watched. The department's top cops were notified along with Internal Affairs. One officer was taken to the hospital.

Each officer involved is now under investigation - as the department tried to determine what went wrong.

"You have to have more communication," said the resident. "I don't understand what happened about that - communicate."

FOX 2 is told one of the units had body camera video that detailed the entire incident. That is now part of the internal investigation and we are working to get our hands on it.

We're told top brass doesn't plan to comment on this until next week.

Same bit in Zerohedge

Chaos In Detroit: Undercover Cops Battle Each Other In Sting Operation Gone Wrong

This is how we avoid this....

Where I work, detectives from every agency meet monthly to discuss what's going on with who and where. An analyst compiles all sorts of data for everyone to see and add on to.

Since narcotics is dynamic, every agency supplies detectives to for the task force. Each detective liasons with their own agency.

Use more confidential informants and sources. Have them do the dirty and follow bad guys back home. That way, you can get a warrant on a whole house instead of just the car.

No impromptu raids unless there are real exigent circumstances. Set up a camera, get your ducks in a row and file a plan, then pop it when you know your guy is there.

Waste of man hours and tax payer dollars, period. No one was being raped, assaulted, robbed, murdered etc. and no property was being stolen or destroyed. WHERE IS THE FREAKIN' CRIME???

I grew up in Los Angeles during the height of Ronnie and Nancy's (very profitable to the system) drug war. I've seen this kind of crap happen before, but on a scale so large that the feds had to come in and clean house in several agencies throughout the county.

I saw the corruption and the waste, and I'm sick and tired of seeing my tax dollars going towards paying these goons to over crowd the jails with a bunch of sketched out tweakers and hypes. Any private citizen with switchblade, or a .38 or even just a good old fashioned sap can handle a tweaker or a hype. I sure as hell never voted for my tax dollars to go to this, and I'm freakin' sick of it.

The commissioners should stop hiring muscle and jock mentality in quantity, and try and hire some intellect that can go out and fry some bigger scumbags; the kind that have titles in front of their names, like "councilman", "senator", "the honorable"; you know, the kind of people who profit off of these insane policies from the top all the way on down.

Any private citizen with switchblade, or a .38 or even just a good old fashioned sap can handle a tweaker or a hype.

When was the last fight you've been in with somone going through excited delirium? Bet you're talking out of your fourth point of contact.

The commissioners should stop hiring muscle and jock mentality in quantity, and try and hire some intellect that can go out and fry some bigger scumbags...

Limp wristed Intellectuals usually quit if they have to start out at the street level. Blame the "intellectual" appointees from the politicians that are ELECTED. You get what you pay for in your votes or inactivism.

Applying East Coast or sh*thole police work evaluations and assuming that all police departments are operating that way is not a fair assessment at all. This was a case of big city police tactics and style that got out of hand. This results from these departments being very over staffed in positions and being labor inefficient in how they are chasing crime.

I know a few guys working on intragency narcotics or other crime teams and the last thing they do is roll in not knowing who they are dealing with. They do their research, lots of surveillance and swoop in when the time is right and the pinches stick. When things go south, they bail before any damage is done or the case is screwed.

Applying East Coast or sh*thole police work evaluations and assuming that all police departments are operating that way is not a fair assessment at all. This was a case of big city police tactics and style that got out of hand. This results from these departments being very over staffed in positions and being labor inefficient in how they are chasing crime.

I know a few guys working on intragency narcotics or other crime teams and the last thing they do is roll in not knowing who they are dealing with. They do their research, lots of surveillance and swoop in when the time is right and the pinches stick. When things go south, they bail before any damage is done or the case is screwed.

There is also teams of analysts posted nationwide whose purpose is to gather intelligence from agencies so they can de-conflict overlapping investigations. Just gotta call them...

When was the last fight you've been in with somone going through excited delirium? Bet you're talking out of your fourth point of contact.

Limp wristed Intellectuals usually quit if they have to start out at the street level. Blame the "intellectual" appointees from the politicians that are ELECTED. You get what you pay for in your votes or inactivism.

You'd lose that bet. But in your defense, I can say that, under the right circumstances, private citizens like myself are not so constrained by policy as are cops when there are witnesses present or at least witnesses who can't keep their mouths shut when a cop dishes it out to some puke that actually DOES have it coming.
One example I can give where the cops were not needed or welcomed took place on a construction sight and all it took was a shovel upside the goblins head ( a bit more excessive than a sap, sure). But rather than involve the goon squad, everyone present figured, problem solved, and pretended that they saw nothing. Said a** wipe was carried back to his truck (yes, he was one of the finishers, on a heavy one gram bender). Steps were taken to periodically ensure that he was still alive, and by the end of the day, he came around, and having learned his lesson, had a co worker drive him home with no further conflict.
There have been other times not worth going into. If you are a cop, you wouldn't believe it anyway, as in my experience, most cops are of the frame of mind that they and ONLY they are capable of handling shyte. Pure egotism. But that is part of the psyche profile anyway.

The point is that (some) people don't always need the city sanctioned dogs to come out and save them. These people have learned all too well that making that call can often only serve to escalate a bad situation, and is often more trouble than it is worth. Sure, the goons would call it taking the law into one's own hands, but I think it is that they just don't like anyone taking their power and authority away from them. The less they know, the better, I figure. People shouldn't be so damn reliant on government sanctioned dogs for their personal protection. Personal security is exactly that; PERSONAL, and the responsibility (or power) of that should not be put in governments hands. That is how the dogs leashes become far too long in the first place. And while I do vote, and voice my opinion, I never voted for anyone that perpetuated the current state of policy.

You'd lose that bet. But in your defense, I can say that, under the right circumstances, private citizens like myself are not so constrained by policy as are cops when there are witnesses present or at least witnesses who can't keep their mouths shut when a cop dishes it out to some puke that actually DOES have it coming.

You aren't constrained by policy, youre constrained by the law. Big difference. As much as I like to see any dirtbag get his, this isn't the movies and "good guys" lose quite often.

You still haven't answered about how your comment that. ANY private citizen can dead with any tweeker. Watch videos about excited delirium and think if your average person that you run into is either physically or tactically able to deal with that and NOT violate the tweekers rights.

One example I can give where the cops were not needed or welcomed took place on a construction sight and all it took was a shovel upside the goblins head ( a bit more excessive than a sap, sure). But rather than involve the goon squad, everyone present figured, problem solved, and pretended that they saw nothing. Said a** wipe was carried back to his truck (yes, he was one of the finishers, on a heavy one gram bender). Steps were taken to periodically ensure that he was still alive, and by the end of the day, he came around, and having learned his lesson, had a co worker drive him home with no further conflict.
There have been other times not worth going into.

Cool story bro. :s0093:

If you are a cop, you wouldn't believe it anyway, as in my experience, most cops are of the frame of mind that they and ONLY they are capable of handling shyte. Pure egotism. But that is part of the psyche profile anyway.

No, I totally believe you. I just think its stupid like 99% of the other crap I see on a daily basis. It is entertaining though.

The point is that (some) people don't always need the city sanctioned dogs to come out and save them. These people have learned all too well that making that call can often only serve to escalate a bad situation, and is often more trouble than it is worth.

You're right. SOME people probably don't need too much help. Asian communities are one of them. They pretty much police their selves and no one snitches. Asians never snitch.

Think of this tidbit...there are are around one million commissioned LEOs in this country. Each of them works, on average, 174 hours per month. Well reduce that to 160 hours for report writing time. Thats almost 2 BILLION hours of policing in the US each year. If every call was this huge escalated mess like you allude to, the US should have no one left in a few weeks, right?

Sure, the goons would call it taking the law into one's own hands, but I think it is that they just don't like anyone taking their power and authority away from them.

Swing and a miss...again. Its called due process. I think I saw it written in the constitution once. People can be so level headed and smart when they are pizzed off, nothing bad could ever happen. Salem witch trials anyone?

People shouldn't be so damn reliant on government sanctioned dogs for their personal protection.

Agreed. For the immediatly necessary and objectively reasonable personal protection. Not just whacking jimmy with a shovel for stepping on wet concrete.

Personal security is exactly that; PERSONAL, and the responsibility (or power) of that should not be put in governments hands. That is how the dogs leashes become far too long in the first place.

Its not in the governments hands except for globally and to secure our sovereignty. Its been ruled by the SCOTUS that the job of law enforcement is to neither serve nor protect. Its to enforce the law. You are free to protect yourself from any imminent threat with necessary and objectively reasonable force.

And while I do vote, and voice my opinion, I never voted for anyone that perpetuated the current state of policy.

So, do your people never win? Are you a Green Party guy/gal/non binary, or a Libertarian?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top