JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree completely or call animal control. It was not an emergency situation, if he thought the dogs where going to bite him stay in the car and call animal control. Instead get out, show your fear which the dogs could sense and end up killing one. Is it so hard to actually think about this?

Any cop that would use deadly force on a dog when he has a multitude of other options is a complete F'ing ars hole and needs to be fired period
he caused the dogs aggression period then to give the owner a ticket he would have had to shoot me too, I would not have cooperated I would have told him to get the F off my property and get your Sargent cuz your and idiot and shut the door hoping he would start shooting thru the door anything is possible this guy is a loose cannon and needs termination, just one more case of I'm God because I have a gun and a badge

Get the facts first.
Here's my take. IF and that's a big IF, that dog stands out there and does that to any and everyone, I'd shoot it just cause its loud and stupid. Not cause I'm scared. Dogs just don't worry me. Neither do cops. But idiot dog owners, they need there head checked.

Its good to see everybody's response on the matter. So the cop has been cleared in the shooting and the chief is backing him up. If this is the way the cop reacts to an "aggressive" dog how does he handle other issues? In my opinion the officer was aggressor in this and should reprimanded. I feel this is just another case of an officer of the law thinking the law does not apply to him. I hope the dogs owner walks on the ticket that cop had the balls to write him, but sues the PD. Patrick

Get the facts first.
Here's my take. IF and that's a big IF, that dog stands out there and does that to any and everyone, I'd shoot it just cause its loud and stupid. Not cause I'm scared. Dogs just don't worry me. Neither do cops. But idiot dog owners, they need there head checked.

While I find myself in agreement, The facts don't matter, this is a court of opinion. No one likes to see a dog getting shot.

I wouldn't stop until i had that guys badge.
My dogs are my kids, and my dog can be perceived as aggressive. Maybe she is, but she was an abused pound dog, loyal and protective which i love.

Question: cops are trained to only use lethal force when absolutely necessary, WHY NOT PEPPER SPRAY THE DOGS?!.
Barking is not an aggressive act. Their dogs.
I'm always on the LEOs side, but not when they kill dogs. And they know they can get away with it. The law needs to catch up to the role of animals these days

I hope the dogs owner walks on the ticket that cop had the balls to write him, but sues the PD. Patrick

Typically, the non-punitive value of any animal is its replacement value.

So some careless person flies into your driveway and runs over your dog or cat, you get $75.00. Sucks, but I think that is the way it has always been.

Even with malicious intent, suing the cop is a waste of time since the courts are in the same league to keep the grounded police state chugging along.

We have to recognize our environment unfortunately. In the police state having a dog that is aggressive in any way is assuming the risk that it will be put down.

They've shot and killed chihuahuas.

That includes inside your home, not just out.

Your dog, your butter knife, your disapproving stare. Soon it will get you into hot water. The only right you really have is to be a compliant drone.

So some careless person flies into your driveway and runs over your dog or cat, you get $75.00. Sucks, but I think that is the way it has always been.

Even with malicious intent, suing the cop is a waste of time since the courts are in the same league to keep the grounded police state chugging along.

We have to recognize our environment unfortunately. In the police state having a dog that is aggressive in any way is assuming the risk that it will be put down.

Your dog, your butter knife, your disapproving stare. Soon it will get you into hot water. The only right you really have is to be a compliant drone.

However in the article it says that dog was the owners "helper dog" and that ought to be worth extra money

Where can you get a dog for 75.00? last i checked the dogs at the pound adoption fee was over 200 dollars and i haven't seen a dog under 500 dollars from a breeder. Many breeds run well over 1000.00 dollars and depending on the pedigree(looks like a chocolate lab) replacement value of a trained hunting dog could easily be over 5k. Our bloodhound would easily be in the 5k range and that IS just the non punitive value. I have talked to 2 officers about this and their response was the department will most likely settle this out of court and not for 75 bucks.

My dog, base price, no music system no power windows, $1,400!
BTW that cop is a real Richard head!

I stand corrected about the $75 ... haven't been dog shopping in years; btw I love dogs and they'd always loved me. I mean, from a distance - maybe I stink who knows.

I heard that he was put on leave on my way back to WA today in the car, as I also now live in Idaho. I am glad people put up enough of a ruckus to have that POS cop put on leave. Seems like he is far to quick to use force. Hopefully he does not return to the police force anywhere.

I remember when I was an Army MP (during my first enlistment hitch) I got called to a "loose/menacing dog" complaint. Sure enough, right in front of the destination-house there was a Rottie there to greet my car... friggin' Cujo, too.

I flipped the overheads on, and bleeped the siren to get the occupant's attention. They came out and contained their dog, then I ripped the resident Staff Sgt. (E-6) a fresh, new bunghole. Never another call/complaint, problem solved.

Pertaining to the video, I agree with Ben Beckerich's post, 100%.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top