JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Training?
bubblegum, if we (civilians) had done this we would be in prison facing serious charges and the potential loss of our 2A rights.

He needs to pay for what he did, no more BS leo exemption.

Jesus christ, I watched the video again.. My blood is boiling. :mad:

Pretty sure the guy on the bike will end up with plenty of cash out of this deal. And the tax payers will once again be screwed by the people who work for them.

1. At least the cop owned it right away so good for him. (Bad finger control obviously).

2. If you get "accidentally" shot by the cops, I don't care if you have a kilo of nose candy up your rear - you should get a free pass

If he had any intention of running after pulling over to the side then going to the effort to park the bike not just on the shoulder of the road but actually into the dirt was a dumb idea.

It wouldn't be uncommon to draw and be at low ready, but when you cover someone with a gun its another level of force. But, people ride with their head up their azz and might not notice the lights right away. If he wanted to run, there isnt a cruiser that could keep up with a crotch rocket. You have to think about that, but thats a monday morning QB talking.

Last Edited:
The cop blames muscle memory from the training he received!!!!!

Kind of makes you wonder what kind of training they are teaching the cops. Show me your hands = pull trigger :s0076::s0076:

this is unbelievable.
the kid gets shot by a cop for a traffic stop...the kid is convicted and sentenced to 5 days of community service and 2 weeks house arrest...plus all the fees that go along with that.

while the cop...went on paid administrative leave and nothing happened to him.

What flippin planet are we living in?
I hope the kid sues the living snot out of the LEO's and i only hope the community stands behind the kid and puts pressure on the mayor/police chief to take action. Hell...if they don't, vote the bastards out of office.

Soppeland was placed on administrative leave during the investigation. No further disciplinary action was taken as a result, and he has since returned to active duty.

On the west coast or east, I believe the cop could have easily "finished" the guy off and erased the dash cam footage with the same end result to his job status. EVERYONE makes mistake on the job, IF this guy is one of the good ones (as it appeared to me - instant action taken to help) then ending his carrier would be a tragedy.

I do think he and the rider got very lucky with only a bullet to the arm....

Hovland-Knase, meanwhile, was convicted of fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle. He was sentenced to five days of community service and 15 days house arrest.

That's really not that bad for evading a police officer if that's what he was charged and sentenced for. I assume with a public defender. If he had a private lawyer he would be off Scott free and possibly suing the county/city where it happened.

Lots of great guys out there who need to figure out if they are fit for that line of work. It doesn't make you a bad person, you just might not be wired for it. I can't explain it in any other way than you need to have an overdrive gear you can go to under stress that keeps you from redlining.

Reminds me of this time back in 1976, I was sitting in the bleachers at a local park I heard some noise and these two police men were chasing the guy that looked to be in 20's the perp was running and hopped over the chain link fence and just kept on going one cops stops and the other one tries to climb the fence and gets his belt stuck on the fence and nearly loses his pants.
Wait, thats not the funny part the fence was only 4feet high at the most and the cop weighed like 300+ and was like 5'4" I kid you not. Now back then you didn't dare laugh at the cops unless you liked a beaten but to this day when I think about disqualified police I think about that guy.
Oh yea and my buddy that shot me in the foot but thats another story for another thread.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top