Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Confused on WA/BATFE law- foregrips on GSG-5pk

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by JCL, Jun 20, 2009.

1. JCL

JCL Eastside Member

I am wondering about the foregrip situation with the gsg 5pk. I will have one in a couple weeks (waiting to pick it up), and when I held one in person, it felt like it sorely needed a foregrip to be comfortable in my hands.

Ive seen the pic thread on ar15, and a few have put the foregrip on their 5pk. Now I am hearing this makes it an AOW...

So would putting a foregrip on my gsg 5pk be illegal or not? :paranoid: :confused:

2. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Fore grip on a pistol makes it an AOW. Which means you pay 200.00 and fill out some paperwork and wait.

Fore grip on a rifle is ok. Which means you can do what you want with the fore grip on or off.

3. JCL

JCL Eastside Member

ok, then none of that for me. I might get rid of it just to get the rifle version.

4. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

This is not technically true.

If you Form 1 (make) an AOW, it's a $200 tax to the ATF.

However, if you Form 4 (transfer) your GSG-5 your dealer as an AOW, it's only a $5 transfer tax to the ATF + your dealer fees.

Otherwise, yes. Forward grip on a pistol = AOW. On a rifle, it is still a rifle.