JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. Where were they 25-30 years ago? Also would find it interesting if there are any "good old boy" connections between the proposed CCW insurance and the agent or company providing? Just curious. Not thinking anything out of the ordinary.

Respectfully.

Last Edited:
So that's why they threw Schmidt and USCCA out of the Convention... they planned to steal his business model and didn't want competition.
I would have done it because of his OPB interview with Prozanski, but the insurance thing makes sense too. Either way, it's both companies preparing for government mandated CHL training and insurance.

I would have done it because of his OPB interview with Prozanski, but the insurance thing makes sense too. Either way, it's both companies preparing for government mandated CHL training and insurance.
Didn't know about that, since I'm not in OR... ANYBODY who talks to F*ckface Floyd other than telling him to go sodomize himself with a barbwire-wrapped baseball bat (or the polite-society equivalent thereof) is to be watched with great suspicion.

I like the USCCA's coverage options and amounts. I'm just too cheap right now. I don't want to get sued, even if I have the insurance. I think if I see someone getting robbed these days, i'm just going to walk the other way.

Emphasis mine:

"Each will offer a level of financial protection, as a reimbursement once charges have been dropped or the policy holder is found not guilty, in the case of criminal or civil action as the result of a self-defense shooting."

Better have your ducks in a row.

Emphasis mine:

"Each will offer a level of financial protection, as a reimbursement once charges have been dropped or the policy holder is found not guilty, in the case of criminal or civil action as the result of a self-defense shooting."

Better have your ducks in a row.
And have rich friends to float you a loan.

I like the USCCA's coverage options and amounts. I'm just too cheap right now. I don't want to get sued, even if I have the insurance. I think if I see someone getting robbed these days, i'm just going to walk the other way.

Some of that would depend on the circumstances. Not sure I could walk away if a woman was being beaten or mugged. If something tragic happened I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have prevented sever injury or death.

NRA Carry Guard is basically a USCCA clone, part of why they kicked them out of NRAAM this year.

I would say based on my understandings ACLDN first choice, NRACG/Personal Defense Network/USCCA as second line of defense.

I know this: ACLDN was built by a lawyer (Marty Hayes at Firearms Academy of Seattle is a Juris Doctor), and has one of the nation's top defensive-firearms and deadly force experts (name-check: MASSAD AYOOB) closely involved with its inner workings.

ACLDN also starts working for you PRE-trial as soon as their experts (including Ayoob) say "justified shoot", rather than making you soak the initial hit and file for reimbursement.

I know this: ACLDN was built by a lawyer (Marty Hayes at Firearms Academy of Seattle is a Juris Doctor), and has one of the nation's top defensive-firearms and deadly force experts (name-check: MASSAD AYOOB) closely involved with its inner workings.

ACLDN also starts working for you PRE-trial as soon as their experts (including Ayoob) say "justified shoot", rather than making you soak the initial hit and file for reimbursement.

I bit the bullet (so to speak) and have joined ACLDN. :) Lots of good information on their website too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top