JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Renton, WA
Filed: 6/15
Recieved: 7/24

You do realize they violated state law, right?

The last time I got mine it was in the mailbox three days later. That was Sheriff Bart but I understand the time frame has not changed under Lovick.

Thats 39 Days, I believe they have 45.

Nope, for the state of Washington the agency has 30 days for a resident CPL to be issued. While some may think this is a minor error, it is not. It is clearly a violation of 'jimmyleosts' rights. The agency broke the law. Ask yourself what happens when you break the law... even just a little bit. Personally I would file a complaint, perhaps the Renton PD repeats this law breaking over and over. What other laws do they disregard? What other rights do they ignore?

RCW 9.41.070
(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Previously had one in Clackamas County and moved into Multnomah.

Multnomah County Renew
Went in/application date: 09/10/10
Called to check why I hadn't received it: 12/09/10

Multnomah Clerk "Oh, I'm sorry I have no idea why they haven't mailed this to you! You can come pick it up in an hour if you'd like"

Me: "Yes I'll do that!" ha

Previously had one in Clackamas County and moved into Multnomah.

Multnomah County Renew
Went in/application date: 09/10/10
Called to check why I hadn't received it: 12/09/10

Multnomah Clerk "Oh, I'm sorry I have no idea why they haven't mailed this to you! You can come pick it up in an hour if you'd like"

Me: "Yes I'll do that!" ha

Suck. :(

Washington County

CHL Class 10/31/10
Application Mailed 11/1/10
Letter sent from Sheriff's Office 11/2/10
Appointment Date 11/17/10

I got my card on December 8th, two days before the clerk originally told me it would be mailed. A little over a month from start to finish, not bad.

Of course I was on vacation at the time so I only got a photo of the envelope texted to me by my boyfriend when it arrived.

I turned in my paperwork and my money yesterday. They told me 30-40 days.
It kinda feels like when I was a kid and was counting the days till christmas:D

Yeah. I had geared myself down to expect 45 days. Anything before that would be a bonus. BTW... that didn't work though. I was @ the mailbox within 5 minutes of the postal carrier leaving for the last week.

Applied at king county court house in down town Seattle on 12/20. And I still haven't gotten it... I know they said "30 days" but man my friend and my brother applied a week and a half before me and they got theres in less then 10 days this sucks royally...

I had totally forgotten to update mine..

Marion County, is apparently a busy one.

They called my wife and had her come down to redo her prints.. The OSP refused them for some reason. I think its because they didn't believe they were "adult" prints..

At any rate..

From appt. time @ the Sheriff, to mailbox, was just over 5 weeks. Time from phone call to appt. was 1 month.

Centre County, PA

Application Filled Out and Mailed with $26.00 Check, Copy of Current Permits & SASE..

Mailed Info 01/02/2011..

$26.00 cheap quick and simple way to add a few states. I wonder if there are other states that easy?

Still need to find a Cheap and simple way to get MN, KS, NM, NV

The Utah classes are a bit to pricey for my blood and still leaves out KS, NM, NV

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top