JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for some suggestions for a conceal carry holster for active situations such as jogging/running and that sort of thing. I am not into fanny packs. I usually wear clothes that do not allow for wearing a belt and will not support a gun themselves. Pocket carry tends to print pretty heavily and leaves the gun bouncing around.

Let me know how you carry and what type of holster you use.

I am looking for some suggestions for a conceal carry holster for active situations such as jogging/running and that sort of thing. I am not into fanny packs. I usually wear clothes that do not allow for wearing a belt and will not support a gun themselves. Pocket carry tends to print pretty heavily and leaves the gun bouncing around.

Let me know how you carry and what type of holster you use.

I don't carry under these conditons as with no belt, the weight in you pocket would pull your pants down and you would get arrested. An ankle holsters with long pants would take too mucn of a beating. But then you could wear one on each ankle for weight training. LOL. If I was to carry like this, I would look for a custom build corset type rig with a waist band for support conected to a thigh garter belt type holster rig. Please have your girl friend model it for us. :winkkiss:

I've seen IWB holsters that velcro around the waist and hold the gun at around 12 - 3 o'clock maybe that would work for ya. Sorry, can't remember any specific brands off the top of my head, but I'm sure you can just google it. better yet just google concealed carry holsters, you'd be surprised just how many different styles there are for all different types of scenarios. Some look like they should have stayed an idea though.

I've seen IWB holsters that velcro around the waist and hold the gun at around 12 - 3 o'clock maybe that would work for ya. Sorry, can't remember any specific brands off the top of my head, but I'm sure you can just google it. better yet just google concealed carry holsters, you'd be surprised just how many different styles there are for all different types of scenarios. Some look like they should have stayed an idea though.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have searched for concealed carry holsters on the internet. I was just hoping to hear from some people with personal experience to help me make a decision.

When conventional methods will not work, try the unconventional. For instance, consider the NAA Mini revolver with a 'neck holster'. It's hardly the best choice for a primary carry weapon but, as they say, I wouldn't want to get shot by it.

It really depends on the gun you are trying to carry. Personally in situations like this I will carry a small pocket pistol and put it in a good pocket holster like the DeSantis Super Fly or if you have a cover garment you could try a shoulder holster.

try the belly band. i have had one for years and it works.

I second that suggestion. I've been carrying concealed since the beginning of my LEO days, way back in the '70s, and have tried many holsters. I was never too happy with any until last year, when I got a belly-band holster. It can either be worn in small-of-the-back configuration, or the way I carry my snub-nosed revolver: up front. It is very secure that way, and very, very comfortable, and I don't have to worry about my shirt or jacket riding up and exposing it by accident (especially when getting out of a vehicle or chair). The Velcro attachment makes it quick to put on/take off...another plus. Here's a link and some photos of mine.

<broken link removed>

(Also, if you prefer vertical to horizontal carry, this one looks good.)
<broken link removed>

holster 3.JPG

holster4.JPG

holster5.JPG

If you insist on not considering the fanny pack because it is so early 90s, and you want something that works while jogging. I would say Thunderwear would do the trick. Your jogging suit would have an elastic wasteband giving you easy access to a small to medium size hand gun. Under baggy exercise clothes you wouldn't print. I don't know if they are still in business. Good deep concealment method.

Thanks for the input. I am considering both the bellyband and the smartcarry/thunderware models. If anyone else has experience running/jogging with these or others please let me know your thoughts.

I've run, jogged, fallen down, etc. a number of times with my belly-band, and my weapon never came loose. In fact, a little over a week ago I got in a wrestling match with a perp during a citizens' arrest, and never worried one bit about it coming loose or showing; but I knew I'd be able to pull it out in a moment if he came up with a knife or some such weapon (if he pulled a gun before I could, I'd have backed off, of course). If I could do cartwheels, I'd be confident my weapon would stay in place while doing so...:)

Max

I've run, jogged, fallen down, etc. a number of times with my belly-band, and my weapon never came loose. In fact, a little over a week ago I got in a wrestling match with a perp during a citizens' arrest, and never worried one bit about it coming loose or showing; but I knew I'd be able to pull it out in a moment if he came up with a knife or some such weapon (if he pulled a gun before I could, I'd have backed off, of course). If I could do cartwheels, I'd be confident my weapon would stay in place while doing so...:)

Max

Thank you, That is the info I was looking for.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews