JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it legal to use any OS disk to re-install your OS, providing you have a valid license? I believe that's Microsoft's stance.

I'm pretty familiar with it, I was the software compliancy manager for AT&T for 5 years. :s0155:

Yes, it is perfectly legal. I'm just saying, he may not have that option for a store bought machine that's 6 years old, and if he is able to find his reinstall disc, it's likely the reinstall disc is packed with "fluff" and will never install as clean as a plain old XD image. I like reimaging/reformatting from a straight Windows disc since one of the primary reason for a reimage is to eliminate fluff in the first place.

I do the same thing, I can't stand all that bloatware :)

I'd try to source an OEM XP disk that doesn't include the license. You could even borrow one if you knew someone with one. I'm pretty sure it's probably illegal to download and burn an ISO of the disk, is that right Aristotle? Just make sure it's an OEM disk and not retail, or your license key won't work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top