JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Personally, if this is a right, then there can be no conditions placed on it. So if I decided to not be part of the "militia" then I wouldn't be able to own arms? Thus no "entitlement" to a Second Amendment right? No thanks...

That's like saying if you don't hold a journalistic degree you can't post on Internet forums... And thus no First Amendment right...

Think about it...

why not mandate militia membership in order to own a gun?
Before this suggestion is dismissed out of hand, I assert that the extremist so-called "militias" in Oregon, Ohio, and elsewhere — these people who live on compounds and confront federal agents — are not militiamen but rather insurrectionists. Insurrectionists should be excluded from this discussion. They surrender any claim to the designation "militia" and any place in civil society.

Just a novel form of gun control, one seeking to make armed people loyal to the bastards in power. Another word for it is "fascism".

All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
Benito Mussolini

Oh, and Hamilton was an bubblegum.

Don't be fooled by what the politicians and so-called journalists say. They lie. They take advantage of a horrific event to gain political / emotional advantage before the victims have assumed room temperature. The disarmament movement by the leftists among us is content to score several small victories in baby steps because they know the people are against an out-right ban. They erode our rights a little at a time until we wake up one morning and they are gone. History has shown this to be true time and again, but the brain-washed public doesn't seem to learn from history.

I think one point that the author in unaware of is that the militia is under local control, at best a community form of government. A militia would not be controlled by a state or federal authority.

I'm somewhat ambivalent on my position on this one; as long as there is no barrier to membership it has some pluses, but it's still an infringement.

elsie

First I would say look at your state constitutions most will find that they may be already a part of the states unorganized militia. It is a part of living in the state that the governor can call all citizens to help in the time of need to help protect the state. If the governor can do that you are a part of the militia.

Idaho went further during the Heller case and taken out the gender and age limits that was in the original draft to make sure that if the Heller case went to being a militia right and not a personal right that nothing would change in Idaho as far as ownership as we are all a part of the states unorganized militia.

If you ask any current office holder at the federal level, they'll tell you that the "militia" is what we call the "National Guard."
Eligibility | National Guard (http://www.nationalguard.com/eligibility)
That means you must meet the following requirements:
To join the National Guard without prior service, you must meet these mandatory requirements:

Be between the ages of 17 and 35
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Be a at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
Meet medical, physical and moral requirements

So for the vast majority of Americans, you're hosed.

Politician are a bunch of lawyers and what do lawyers do, write laws that put more pressure on us subjects, if you will.
There are already laws against almost any scenario when it comes to killing another human being.
Now TPTB want to add into the scheme of things that it is illegal to kill with a certain type of weapon..... how ignorant is that on their behalf? Educated idiots abound in politics... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top