JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is from the rulebook which can be downloaded from their website:

Guest Policy
• Each member can bring up to 3 guests.
o A guest is anyone who is not a member of TCGC.
o Immediate family members who are not TCGC members still constitute guests. However, this does not apply to family members who have a club membership via the Additional Household Members option.

TCGC offers work credit (I think it's $4 per hour and tops out at $120.00 a year) for helping out with the Monday morning crew, club matches, (how much depends on the match director) and you can even get a part time gig (if there are current openings and you are hired) as an RSO (it pays min wage). Back when my bro and I were RSO'ing, we put the money earned from that towards our annual dues.

Now the above options are not for everyone and will require time and effort (labor) on your part, but they are options none the less.....
What are the latest covid restrictions at the range if any? I had read that they were only allowing one guest at some point last year and mask were required.

I know how you feel I had a bad year and only went a couple of times maybe twice at the most and it seemed really silly to have it. Find someone who goes a lot who is willing to meet you there when you want to go and help them with the dues even if you only go a couple of times you help a fellow shooter out and you still have the ability to use the range.

I don't remember what I pay for my membership but it's worth it because I don't have to deal with drinking rednecks leaving shot up trash behind and they provide steel targets for rifles and pistols in every bay. It's also closer than many of the spots in the woods I used to go to. Personally, I think every gun owner should take advantage of a range membership if available

Down in the Medford area, Jackson County Sports Park Shooting Complex is a decent outdoor place. County owned, but ran by the gun club. $25 a year ($40 for the family), $5 a day. Up until the last fall, I'd go every couple weeks.
gun club.jpg
http://rvssa.org/cplex.html

Tri County Gun Club has "action bays", where you can practice action sports (USPSA, etc) or defensive type training such as IDPA. This would include things like drawing from the holster, shooting while moving, shooting around/over obstacles/barricades, etc.

In order for members to use the action range, they need to complete additional training provided by the club. Once you successfully pass the action range certification class, you are given an "action range certified" sticker to place on your membership badge.

The sticker is a visual aid for the RSO on duty to quickly identify action range certified shooters. If you are caught shooting at the action range (bays) by the RSO on duty and are not action range certified, you will face disciplinary action by the club.

Due to the club layout and it's close proximity to the cities of Sherwood, Tualatin and the I-5 freeway, safety is paramount at the club and thus the extra scrutiny and training in order to utilize the action bays....

Last Edited:
Down in the Medford area, Jackson County Sports Park Shooting Complex is a decent outdoor place. County owned, but ran by the gun club. $25 a year ($40 for the family), $5 a day. Up until the last fall, I'd go every couple weeks.
View attachment 884285
http://rvssa.org/cplex.html
Never been, we're members at Ashland Gun Club.

Its pretty darned nice! $85 dues for family or solo. Only daily fees are for the archery $1/day used & 5 stand.

As far as I know, Ashland is the only range in Jackson & Josephine counties which allows steel, and has club steel. Club normally takes the steel down during fire season. However members can still setup their own, if they do so safely.

Closed major holidays, open 8am weekdays, 9am weekends until Medford sunset the rest of the time. Except every other Sunday is 600 yard shoot 10-noon (rest of the range closed till noon).

Recently opened 5 stand, new air gun range, new tactical bay, looking at adding another pistol bay.

Pistol bays, plus rifle out to 50, 100, 200, 240, 300, 340 Yards daily.

Might be worth a look, depending what & how much you all shoot. There are "open to the public" days $5 fee pp, I think once a month on a weekend. If you all would like to check it out before committing to membership.

I went today with my daughter. The last time I went was early June 2020. It's been a busy, busy year.
Will I renew? Fuqyeah!
Some of the reasons:
  • Action range
  • Black powder specific range
  • Ability to shoot at covered benches, in the winter, with lights, up until 9pm.
  • A 22 indoor range that is open 24 hours (Yes, I've been there at Midnight, multiple times)
  • Clays, trap and skeet ranges that are simply awesome.
  • Organized disciplines, with people who are (1) not A-holes first, and (2) LOVE the sport.
  • Heated toilets at almost every range.

The membership cost is nothing to me compared to the benefits.
In the year time I've been away, they converted the action rifle range to archery, and it makes an archery range I belong to look archaic.
Even if I lived on 40 acres within an hour's drive, I would still renew. I have taken out-of-town business guests there, and they love it. Years later, some still talk about it.
One of these days, I'll finish my 6mm build and show up at the 600 Yard meet-ups.
A friend let his membership lapse back in ~2013, within the year realized he really missed it, and wound up waiting ~6 years to get back in with the wait list being what it was.

I used to be with Tri County, enjoyed the action range and clay shooting.
Let my renewal lapse and shoot at a outdoor spot that is only 35 minutes away.

Tri County Gun Club has "action bays", where you can practice action sports (USPSA, etc) or defensive type training such as IDPA. This would include things like drawing from the holster, shooting while moving, shooting around/over obstacles/barricades, etc.

In order for members to use the action range, they need to complete additional training provided by the club. Once you successfully pass the action range certification class, you are given an "action range certified" sticker to place on your membership badge.

The sticker is a visual aid for the RSO on duty to quickly identify action range certified shooters. If you are caught shooting at the action range (bays) by the RSO on duty and are not action range certified, you will face disciplinary action by the club.

Due to the club layout and it's close proximity to the cities of Sherwood, Tualatin and the I-5 freeway, safety is paramount at the club and thus the extra scrutiny and training in order to utilize the action bays....
I believe they still require some training to use shotgun ranges too?

The way gun owners treat public lands someday soon the only way to target shoot will be at a private club, so consider that.

That said, as someone whos been a public land shooter for most of my life its the amenities of a club are what you are paying for. Try taking you... or your family members/guests to shoot in the typical PNW rainy weather in the woods and see how that goes. I guess it comes down to how often you go shooting but all things considered I wouldnt give up a membership unless I had another club lined up. The waiting lists are long....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top